The Caves of Maraqua! (RP! *Closed*)

A general writing-based forum- stories, poetry and the like, as well as roleplays and Werewolf signups.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

With one eye on Jules Growler looked the Draik over. She looked quite unusual even for a Maraquan Draik. Now that he looked closer he wasn't even sure if she was a Maraquan Draik.
"Huh, never heard of them." He though it over and then he introduced himself. "Well, I'm a simple Koi and my name's Growler."
Last edited by Akjara on 22 Jan 2006 06:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Anza

Post by Anza »

"Pleased to meet you. I'm Aquiviara"
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Growler decided that he liked her. He settled down a little to try to get a little bit more out of her.
"So, how did you come here?"
Anza

Post by Anza »

"I can't remember, that's the problem... last thing I remember was being thrown about in a whirlpool and yet I know somehow that was months ago... when I got separated from my pack. I think I have... what's it called again... ah! Traumatic amnesia!"

((OOC: My Mom had/has traumatic amnesia. It's when, after something traumatic, you "lose" a period of time because your brain doesn't want to remember the traumatic thing. My mom lost a week when she had a car accident - she still can't remember that week to this day and it's been over 20 years. Hopefully Aquis memory will return though))
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Growler didn't know for a moment what he should say. He settled for a: "I'm sorry to hear that. But do you mean your since one month in this cave or you just don't know how you came here?"
Anza

Post by Anza »

"I mean... I don't know how I came here... I don't remember how long I've been in this cave... but I'm sure it couldn't have been for that long, I can't see a food source anywhere..."
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Growler nodded. "That's a good argument. Well, I know that we're not very long here, me and my brother Jules." He nodded to the blue Peophin.
"I just wanted to show him some nice caves around the old ruins of Maraquan, when out of the blue there came this big watersprout and sucked us in. That isn't something you want to experience again." He shuddered. Even though he wasn't as shaken as Jules, it had scared him witless. The disorientation, only being able to see the whirling water and not knowing where was up and down...
He tried to shake the memory out of his head and finished his story: "I don't know how long we've been in that watersprout but it couldn't be more than a few minutes. At least that's as much as I can remember. Perhaps I passed out, because I don't know how exactly we got into this cave." He looked around once more. "It sure doesn't look big enough for a watersprout."
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

"Oy!" A large eyrie with calico cat like markings exclaimed. "What the hell was that?" He shook his head to hopefully help clear it. He had been out looking for sea shells for Kyleirah, his wife, as she seemed to like collecting odd things like that. "Oh my..." Looking about the cave he noticed all the other pets. "All right! Is anyone hurt?"
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

A mass of tentacles that had been lying on the ground lifted a head and resolved itself into a large, green Maraquan Acara. She stared, wide eyed, at the collected pets. "Don't worry!" She exclaimed perkily. "I'm a detective; I know exactly what happened. You see, um, er. Well, that is to say, I'm an apprentice detective and I have a good idea of what's going on. Um. We're in a cave!" Her face fell as no one seemed impressed by the news. She lifted a giant tentacle to poke a shoyru, who was stunned on the ground beside her.

"Tayliah...Tayliah, wake up. We have a mystery!" she hissed.

The shoyru opened her eyes and reached a flipper up to feel her head for injuries. She gazed around her, at the environment and the gathered pets. She swam over to a group of pets that looked the most aware and interested in their surroundings -- an eyrie, a draik, a koi, a peopphin and a blumaroo. "I'm Tayliah. Can someone tell me what's going on?"
Paint

Post by Paint »

Yewie frowned and perked his small ears up when an Acara announced she knew what was happening.

Unfortunately, she didn't.

He rolled his eyes and swam over, much to his better judgement, and tapped her shoulder.
"Excuse me, but do you actually know anything else about being here?" he said, crease in his brow looking unnatral.

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

Lullae looked down at an orange-ish Maraquan Lupe who seemed interested in her opinion.

"Well, I know that we were swimming. We swim a lot. It's what we do." She glanced at the lupe and noticed that he seemed to be getting impatient with her. She went on in a hurry -- "And we were going to this really mysterious area where lots of mysterious things had happened because we investigate mysteries."

Tayliah turned and joined the conversation: "A young peophin informed us that her sister had disappeared. Her family has a legend about an area south of maraqua that is responsible for the disappearances of many children. Most likely it's nothing more than an urban legend; however Luillae and I went to investigate, but the closer we should have been the more lost we were and the sea was getting very turbulent. And then we woke up here. When Schrapnell (she indicates a small swabby) is done analyzing the growth on the cave wall we might have a better idea of where here is." She pauses and then adds regretfully,
"But a proper analysis really requires a lab. Without our laboratory it may take days to begin to get a sense of where we might be"
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Dameon looked at the acara hoping for some answers, but none were really forth coming. He rolled his eyes and looked at the other pets there two koi; a chomby; a blumaroo; a lupe; a shoyru, whom the acara seemed to know was swimming towards him and the others; a peophin and a fairly confused draik that spoke a foreign tongue that not even he understood and a peophin. What an odd bunch they made. He swam up to the chomby, his wings held high as even though they were in a large cave he could still accidently hit someone with them.

"I'm afraid I don't know." He said, softly, hoping to ease any panic that might be welling up in her. "However, I think that maybe the least of our worries." He looked around at the algae suspiciously. "I do not like that stuff."
Paint

Post by Paint »

Yewie rubbed his back (very awkward) and decided to try and help.

"If it's any help, the goo gives your back a sharp jabbing pain if you brush against it," he said. He wanted to get out of here very soon.

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.