NaNoWriMo 2007 Support Thread!

A general writing-based forum- stories, poetry and the like, as well as roleplays and Werewolf signups.
gomababe

Re: NaNoWriMo 2007 Support Thread!

Post by gomababe »

Ok I have only one thing to say... Thank God for Take That! No really, their single 'Rule the World' has given me such inspiration for a new scene that involves a lot of reminiscing and angst on my MC's part about his mother and also for a new love interest.

The really weird thing is I cn actually see the scenes that fit the lyrics in my head with real clarity {and they're in the style of The Lion King, which is one of my favourite Disney movies *squee*}. I've been so inspired that I'm drawing one of those scenes right now and shall be writing it shortly. *squeals and bounces some more*. Sorry, just had to get that out *flounces off to listen to the song again*.

edit: Please tell me I'm not the only one crying at the sad bits they're writing?
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

When I write sad bits, I'm usually thinking "Okay, how can I make this not sound stupid?" I haven't written any yet this year, but they're coming.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

My novel is kind of at a standstill right now because I have massive writer's block x_X Also my sleep schedule is so messed up this week it's affecting my writing. Sigh ;_;
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I haven't written anything since last saturday >_>, that's because I've been too tired to write when I get in from my voluntary placement. I'll try to pump out of a few thousand words over the weekend though, one of the kids I'm working with loves fantasy and she's part of the age and ability group I'm aiming for ^_^ {she said she'd like to read a part of it once the month is over *squees in excitement*}.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Well, now my own pressure and "wah wah won't be able to make it 50,000" are off the hook. My computer is out of commission, perhaps until January. I do plan and intend to finish it, but now I won't feel like I failed NaNoWriMo entirely. At least it DID encourage me to get a good running start on the story!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I've been pushing through my writer's block, but I've been hanging out at around 30k words for a week now, heh. Well, at a little over 32k words right now.

*hugs Fjorab* it's good you're still going to finish it, Nano or no ;_;