NaNoWriMo 2007 Support Thread!

A general writing-based forum- stories, poetry and the like, as well as roleplays and Werewolf signups.
gomababe

Re: NaNoWriMo 2007 Support Thread!

Post by gomababe »

http://www.nanowrimo.org/user/243134 That's the link to my profile for you Jessi ^_^.

Oogabooga, I'm furth behind than you, I've only got 2,242 words so fat and I haven't been able to write today as i was visiting my gran at the hospital. I might write some more after I've had a bath though, that usually helps.

I've taken to listening to Matchbox Twenty, but its making me want to write Digimon RP fics instead ^_^;, I'll have to find music that fits each of the characters I've got for my Nano, that way I might get more inspired {for some reason 'One of Us' from 'The Lion king II' is making me think rather strongly of Ragnhildur...}. My villain has als to come forward and name himself and his purpose in the story, honestly you'd think that my muse would be nicer to them {he's chasing them all away instead ^_^;}.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Well I seem to suck the most, as I've only got 1227 words, not even the first day's quota. I kinda started off with a rather uneventful scene, and I'm getting caught up by having to name everything. Still having fun with everything though.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I think I'm in for the "I suck the most" running. I haven't written ANYTHING yet, just joined last night. But at least my story already has a pretty firm plot from about the middle to finish (just need to figure out how it really starts), so I guess I'm ahead in that sense.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

My username on nano is gardenswing. I sometimes post on the forums, but I've decided not to put exerpts up on my profile, or I'll be too self conscious to write.

I too am way behind. I'm at 1000 on day five. That's okay. I'm confident that I shall be able to finish nano AND my term paper. Confidence is the key! That, and lack of sleep. :)

I am curious, what genre is everybody doing? Mine is set in a fantasy world, but that's just the backdrop. The story is about a 15 year old girl coming of age, dealing with her father's death, and finding her place in the world. I suppose it would go under young adult fiction. I don't really read that genre much. I mostly read fantasy and science fiction. But this is the story that came to me, just before November 1st, so I'll stick with it.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, I'm actually pretty impressed with myself. Just one night of writing and wondering how it's going to get to where it's going, and I'm at 2,929. Zoom! I still don't know if I can make the story interesting without too much useless fluff. Maybe that "fluff" will get my readers attached to all the main characters and make them feel the confusion and inner conflicts they're going through.

I've posted mine as fantasy, but that's only because it's about a small kingdom that I made up with a monarchy that's a bit idealistic, and the successor to the throne is up in question. Otherwise, it's all realistic, no fantasy creatures (much as I love them, they're not in this story). So I'm wondering if I should reclassify to keep people from being disappointed about no dragons or unicorns. :P
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I... actually managed almost 1,000 words in less than an hour? Man that scene *was* begging to be written. Hopefully that means that I can connect an earlier scene to the rest of the story later on. I've also found myself a working title; 'A Fantasy Fairytale' based on the conversation my two characters are having in the new excerpt I just put up ^_^.

Fjorab_Teke: I think it's fine listed as fantasy, not every single one has to include mythological creatures. I think that your story as you've described it there is a nice, refreshing change to be honest. If you feell that you'd be better off classing it in another genre, however, that is entirely up to you.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I think I'm going to try to write something. I've never done it before and I don't write for fun so it might be difficult to reach 50k words, but I'll do my best. Now I just need to come up with an idea for a story.
Image Image Image
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm up to 5,025. I don't think I could squeeze more than 20,000 words out of it. Heck, 15,000 is probably pushing it. But either way, this is encouraging me to actually play with it, write it out, and give it life outside my head. I still haven't reached the meat of where it appeared to me in a dream, but it's definitely leading up to that part. I'm pretty pleased with it. I just hope people don't think it's terribly boring! :P
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I got maybe 50-100 words written the other day and none at all yesterday *pokes characters* I guess trying to get weverything sorted for next week has kinda shoved them to the side a little biit, but I'll try and get at least 1,000 words done today. I am so behind now that I don't think I'll get more than maybe 20,000 words by the end of the month {more than likely it'll be 10,000 or so} unless something drastic happens that gets my backside in gear. Doesn't help that my other boook idea is clamouring for attention either ¬_¬.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm at 18,035 right now which is good overall but way behind where I wanted to be ;__; I went through a small period of writer's block and had a lot of trouble with one section of my story. I kept wanting to go back and change it, but Joey finally yelled at me and said something akin to, "Dude, it's NaNo. Worry about it later." I've decided she's right, and now I'm ignoring how bad that part is and just continuing on xD Hoping to get -quite- a bit of writing today. I didn't do any yesterday, because I was working on a presentation. And writing Ratatouille.

But it's the end of week one (or close to it XD) So I hope everyone is doing well! Anyone need a motivational speech? ^_~
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I finally got to 5k - yay me :P I got out the old spreadsheet I used last year to tell me what I needed to be doing each day to still win, and it says that if I write 2k a day from now on I'll be fine. And that was my goal the first two years (last year it was 3500 since I was going for 100k), so I know it's not that hard. So that cheered me up a bit.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Finally got to just over 4k, not too shabby since I've set my goal lower than most since it's my first year. Had a bunch of ideas earlier on that I'll proably use if I remember them by tomorrow since they do actually seem to develop the character of Mazin a little bit. I'm a little bit perturbed that Kael seems to be rather more interested in Shant than he should be right now, but that may be the overtiredness talking. Hope everyone manages too reach their personal goalls by the end of tomorrow, good luck ^_^.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I wound up writing a chapter and a half tonight, passing the 21k word mark (close to the 22k actually), so now I'm back to being pleased with myself xD I just hope my muse will work for another hour or so!
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Worked for about 45 minutes oor so and got 1,200 words done ^_^, I don't think I'll write any more today though, I've got too many other things I need to do before the weekend. Plu it's my mum's birthday and I've left her sitting in the living room all by herself ^_^; {granted, she's watching TV, but I still feel a bit guilty}.

Oh and before I forget, I've got a new excerpt up if anyone wishes to take a lok and give me any pointers for when I'm editing later?
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I hit the halfway point today!!

*BOUNCES*

25,010 words right now! :D So happy!

edit: Done with this part for the night - 25,270 total so far. yay!