Werewolf 17 Sign-up ANNOUNCEMENT

A general writing-based forum- stories, poetry and the like, as well as roleplays and Werewolf signups.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: Werewolf 17 Sign-ups!

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Anyone know where Riddler's got to? It normally isn't Werewolf without him. :(

(Tiel, you actually find some good stuff digging? Envy. I'm currently getting all six of my team's tails handed to me by Lucian.)
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Riddler won't be able to do this WW; he's in the middle of heavy exams and won't be able to do any WW until November. He might do puzzles for you guys for this game though; I need to get in touch with him.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Jessibean wrote:Riddler won't be able to do this WW; he's in the middle of heavy exams and won't be able to do any WW until November. He might do puzzles for you guys for this game though; I need to get in touch with him.
Awww, pity, but it can't be helped I suppose. Give him a wave from me and tell him good luck.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I'm bumping this up slightly, because right now I have 23 people signed up and I really, really, REALLY want 25 ;__; so if anyone knows one or two extra people who would be interested in playing, pleeease point them in the direction of this thread!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I signed up but then I deleted my post before anyone saw it. :P I never played WW and I know absolutely nothing about Pokemon, but if I can still play anyway, please sign me up because it sounds like fun.

I did follow the last WW as far as it went and tried to read some info pages about it, though I didn't really start to get it at all until I saw it in action. I just don't want to drag anyone down because of my inexperience. So, yeah ...
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Don't worry, Mellaka ^__^ Each team will be balanced to have at least one very experienced WW vet on it, and one very experienced Pokemon vet on it, so you should be okay :3 You can also read through my last Pokemon game to see how it went!
Kudamon Tamer

Post by Kudamon Tamer »

Friend Riddler referred me here, and being a Pokenut/WW-lover (though my forum ww knowledge is limited ^^'') I have to join!

Played all of the games save for the ds variants/3d versions, loved them too, touched competitive battling too for a brief period of time (then I discovered schoolwork, or rather, schoolwork discovered me).

EDIT: Oyeah, I'm a girl ^^
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Ah yes, Riddler mailed me about you :D Welcome to NC, I'm glad you'll be participating in the game!

Out of curiosity, is there a shortened version of your name we should call you by? :3

Also, because I now have exactly 25 people and doubt 5 more will sign up before the 3rd, I am CLOSING SIGNUPS. Unless you magically produce 5 people who want to play, then that's cool xD Or four would work as well, but either way, since that probably won't happen.. yeah, signups are closed. Expect rolesheets this weekend :D
Kudamon Tamer

Re: Werewolf 17 Sign-ups! (CLOSED unless 4 people come along!)

Post by Kudamon Tamer »

KT, KudaT, KudamonT, KuTa, or whatever else you can think of works just fine ^_^ Thankee for the welcome!
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Hey guys, just a small update:

So the start of the game is getting pushed back a few more days, because I'm adjusting to a new work schedule and realized starting the game on Monday, when I have to work overnight Tuesday, was a bad idea :P So I'm sending out rolesheets this weekend and the game will begin Wednesday October 8th. For real.

Also, here's another problem. I'm getting promoted at work (yay!) but because of this, my schedule will be changing a bit. For this reason, my original plan to have Execution and Night scene be at 4 PM and 5 PM NST respectively (6/7 CST.. I THINK midnight/1 AM GMT?) will not work EVERY day. Unfortunately, there is no time that'll work every day.

So would everyone be okay if at the beginning of every week during the game (on Monday) I post my work schedule for the -following- week, and let you know what day execution/night scene will be later? That's the only way I can think of around this =/ With my new work schedule, I'll be working 2 PM-10PM my time at least 1-2 days a week, and otherwise I work 8AM-4:30 PM, so there's not a way around it ;_; I hope this will be cool with everyone!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Jessibean wrote:
So would everyone be okay if at the beginning of every week during the game (on Monday) I post my work schedule for the -following- week, and let you know what day execution/night scene will be later? That's the only way I can think of around this =/ With my new work schedule, I'll be working 2 PM-10PM my time at least 1-2 days a week, and otherwise I work 8AM-4:30 PM, so there's not a way around it ;_; I hope this will be cool with everyone!
It's probably going to be the middle of the night anyhow, so I'm not in the least bit bothered.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'm down for whatever.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Okay everyone... I have been contemplating this big time for the past few days, and after talking about it with Tom today, I have a bit of an announcement.

After a lot of thought, I've decided to postpone starting this game. A lot of things have come up since I said I would love to host another game - mostly my promotion and the huge changes to my work schedule that will be going into effect. That's on top of planning for Nano - which makes me feel like an idiot for even thinking I could host WW in October!

I know, however, that if I try to host WW now while I'm adjusting to all these changes at my job, I won't be having much fun in the game - which means YOU guys won't be having much fun in the game. And of course, that defeats the purpose - we all want to have fun.

So I've decided I think it'll be better for us all if I push back starting the game a few months. This way I can work on it and perfect it to my standards (which are ridiculously high for myself!) and make sure it's the game I WANT to host, and a game I know you guys want to play.

I'm so, so sorry for springing this on you guys, I really am. I hope none of you are too mad with me ;_; When I'm ready to host the game again, I will post a new sign up thread, just to make sure everyone wants to play then, too.

THE GOOD NEWS (I do have some!):
Tom has had a WW in the works for us, and we had originally mini-argued over who would host first, til I just kinda stole it ;D I spoke with him today, and since his game is ready to go, we will not have to be completely WW-less! Tom will be providing us with WW entertainment, and when his game is over, I should be 100% comfortable with my new work schedule, pleasantly Nano-less, and ready to host a game that I know you guys will enjoy :D

Thanks for being so understanding, guys. I promise, I WILL be hosting a game, and it will be awesome, and you guys will have fun. That's the reason I'm not hosting now - you guys having fun is my #1 priority for my WW games! So just think of this as something awesome to look forward to ^_^
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Werewolf 17 Sign-up ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

If it's between December and February, chances are I won't get to participate. But thanks for letting us know, and it's good that we'll still have WW lined up. I'm looking forward to seeing what Tom can do with one! :D

And what with your job promotion (whee!) and all the changes that come with that, especially time/scheduling, I'm sure everyone will be understanding.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: Werewolf 17 Sign-up ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Tom »

Hopefully the game shall be starting this week. I warn you all.
Subeta: Thomas