Sketch Gelert

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Joeno

Sketch Gelert

Post by Joeno »

Now how's that for random? It's a Sketch Gelert!

Image Image
All poses

Not exactly the most creative of pets, but I don't think this is too bad considering the limitations you've got when drawing a sketch pet...
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Mmmkay. I like how you can see the tail through the body.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

You know, I've never understood why gelerts and pteri have square eyes.
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

I bet you all can guess what I think about this....

*goes to feed Outliner*

8)
EofS

Post by EofS »

I like it :0) But then I like gelerts and I like sketch pets, and I think blue looks especially good with gelerts. So what's not to like?

It has a nice balance of sketchyness and construction lines, and seeing the tail through the body is a great touch.
jeti

Post by jeti »

I love gelerts and I love sketch. Therefore, I quite like this. :3

I think the blue may be a *bit* too harsh, but I like in nontheless. n_n Yay random new gelert colour!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Well . . . it's a sketch Gelert alright.

I don't care for sketch at all, but I suppose this is fine as sketch pets go.

Meh.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

The angry and sad poses don't quite match the rest :? They're a darker blue, with thicker lines. Other than that, I think it's a decent pet. Nicely sketchy.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Maybe they should use a different color for each Sketch species.
Not that I would care more about them if they did, but just to make it like the Jelly pets.
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

Looks a bit more "lively" than the usual gelerts, somehow. Something about the set of the mouth. It's ok. I'm not hot on sketch pets generally.
KasiTL

Post by KasiTL »

The Gelert is sketched quite nicely, by the way.
Darigan wrote:Maybe they should use a different color for each Sketch species.
Not that I would care more about them if they did, but just to make it like the Jelly pets.
The blue actually makes sense though. Certain shades of blue don't show up at all on certain kinds of copiers, so it's not unheard of for someone who is having a picture printed to sketch it in blue. I forget which of my how-to-draw books says this, but I'm not pulling this one out of thin air....
EDIT:
How to Draw Manga, Vol 1: Compiling Characters p25 wrote: . . . Blue lead pencls and mechanical pencils are both very convenient. Blue does not show up when printed; therefore, cartoonists use it to specify tone to their assistants, and or to show where tone is needed, where there is no shade or drawing.
(Black and white comics are usually shaded with transparent stickers called "screentone" that you trim to fit the area you need. These stickers have little black dots in various densities and patterns to simulate shading and textures. Though nowdays it's becomming popular to tone on computers, but many still tone the traditional way.) Here's an example of some photoshop paintbrushes that are designed to look like screentones if you want to see what kind of patterns there are.
Last Update: 8/09/06 - Some blue! And a poll! - Click sig to view.
le_diable_blanc

Post by le_diable_blanc »

Cyaneus wrote:I like how you can see the tail through the body.
People keep saying this but I don't get it.

If you mean this:
then it's not through, it's just in front of the body:

If you mean something else then I am lost.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Gelert Day is on Monday so it's not too random ;) Hopefully the other colour will be more exciting and the gelerts won't get screwed like the wockies did on their day. Oh yeah, I'm still bitter ¬_¬

The colour itself is actually really nice for a sketch pet. I think I still prefer the wocky style of sketch pet with the really faint lines but the gelert is a handsome pet so it pulls it off well.

I just really hope the other colour is exciting like darigan or tyrannian or something, I like gelerts =)
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

le_diable_blanc wrote:
Cyaneus wrote:I like how you can see the tail through the body.
People keep saying this but I don't get it.

If you mean this:
then it's not through, it's just in front of the body:

If you mean something else then I am lost.
Oh, hm. I guess for some reason I thought it was supposed to be behind the body. I didn't compare it to the normal Gelerts.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Trick wrote:Gelert Day is on Monday so it's not too random ;) Hopefully the other colour will be more exciting and the gelerts won't get screwed like the wockies did on their day. Oh yeah, I'm still bitter ¬_¬

The colour itself is actually really nice for a sketch pet. I think I still prefer the wocky style of sketch pet with the really faint lines but the gelert is a handsome pet so it pulls it off well.

I just really hope the other colour is exciting like darigan or tyrannian or something, I like gelerts =)
Or how about that mutant gelert they've still got sitting on the servers? I wants the mutant gelert to be released already! D: