Ice and Silver Pteri

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Noble fauf

Ice and Silver Pteri

Post by Noble fauf »

The Pteri day colours are out
ImageImage

*Shrugs* They're alright I guess, the ice looks a little strange to me, but the silver is fine for silver.
Kantark

Re: Ice and Silver Pteri

Post by Kantark »

Ice has some odd lines on it, it looks like the top of its head has been opened up!

Silver is quite nice, though the colours used (and its lack of shine) are reminiscent of a statue made of lead.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Argh, I was so close - I guessed Ice and Gold! Anyway, I agree with Kantark - that line on the Ice Pteri's head is really strange! Silver is nicely shiny and shaded, but nothing special.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I like to think it's had a lobotomy.

Or more accurately, I think they were going for an angular, blocky ice look. Except they only did it in a few places, otherwise mixing it with perfectly accurate sculpting. Meh.

Silver's kind of pretty. I like the darker parts (markings and shading) for some reason.
Amphigorey
Human Avatar: 435031

Post by Amphigorey »

EofS wrote:I like to think it's had a lobotomy
Or the ice-carver accidently chopped its head off.

These two are all right. Nothing to write home about. Silver might make a nice base color if the eyes weren't silver too. The ice is trying to make it look angular, but the lines are too fine on the wings and eyes to make that look work.
Cal

Post by Cal »

Very plain colors in general, I guess the pteri didn't have that many choices left anyways =/

Silver is okay since it's supposed to be a shiny colorfill... without the added shininess in this case. I can't help but feel that they should have gone with gold. And ice... are those lines supposed to be angles...? Looks like the ice pteri got mauled by its zombie counterpart bah. Never liked pteris since they changed their pose way back when anyways.
ImageImage
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Both are fairly boring. I like silver more than ice, seeing as there's a bit of room for creativity in ice but it wasn't used. Parts of it are too smooth and rounded compared to the body, which attempted to look more square-ish.