Darigan Gelert

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

It's alright... too cartoony as has been said, and the changing size wings are weird. It doesn't quite match my favourite Darigan *goes off to play table tennis with the Darigan Grundo*
ImageImage
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Lovely to have a red Darigan but the face seems sort of.... yeah, Disney. Also it isn't a redraw.
TCD

Post by TCD »

It's got the same wing problem the eyrie does. Drives me nuts.

Overall: Meh, not a big fan.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

For reference:

Good gelert:

Good darigan canine:

Bad gelert, Bad darigan canine. Bad, bad dog:

You're right, though, Trick: the happy/circle poses are worse than the others. If those weren't so bad, I could see this being a decent redraw.
covet

Post by covet »

Aww, Bonecrivain, don't scold it. It isn't it's fault it's horrible!

I actually really like the defensive poses for this gelert, it's just that the main poses (and it's face) suck. And I'm going to have to go look up the mutant gelert, as I remember liking it. Maybe they'll just release it without mentioning it in the news?

I hope the artists figure out neocolours is back as soon as possible, they did used to tweak things because of us, and it would be nice to get that poor doggy a full set of legs.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
NeoKuwagata

Post by NeoKuwagata »

Step right up and meet Fluffy, the World's Friendliest Hellhound!
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Its right hind leg is kinda FREAKING ME OUT. o_o Neohip Dysplasia, much?
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I really don't like its hind legs in the circle/happy pose. Or should that be leg? Its cow-hocked. Thats not necessarily a bad thing but they don't follow it through in the other poses so it just looks like its kinda deformed at the back in the circle/happy pose, like its got hip dysplasia.

I like the red and black, one of my favourite colour combinations, and Im glad its not purple. But the fact that is <i>does</i> look a little pluto-ish puts me off majorly, I've never liked pluto. Black and red evil dog with bat wings and huge claws should be easy to make look snazzy, I don't understand how or why they didn't achieve it.
pet_beauty_shop

Post by pet_beauty_shop »

Concept good. There are details, but my problem is that the teeth look a bit goofy.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

The only having three legs in happy and circle is freaking me out. o__0

As for the rest -- yay for it not being purple. God knows there are enough purple darigans to last, like, forever.

So yay for that.

I like big black bat wings, I like dark red, I like thick black claws - why don't I like this? As Ziggy said, this should be easy to bring off well - I don't know why they didn't manage to get there from here.

I don't hate it though or anything. Unless they release this thing instead of the mutant Gelert.

Then I'll hate it. With the searing, blazing passion of a million zillion white-hot things.

Sigh.

Fix the back leg issue at the least?
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Hmm, if this were labeled 'Mutant' would the reaction to it be different? I mean it looks the sort of 'goofy evil' that fits in with other Mutant pets where as the Mutant Gelert seems to fit the more insidious evil of Darigan...
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The fangs are Good

The Ranged Attack pose is Good

The missing leg is Doubleplusungood

How'd they miss that?!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

To echo others.. Yeah, it looks like a mutated evil twin of Pluto. Ziggy's right, not only is it missing a leg, it appears to have hip dysplasia in the one it DOES have.... The Mutant was far better.. this looks like a geek dressing up as a Darigan compared to the Mutant.

EDIT - Anyone else notice this??
Image Image
Not identical...but still.
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

:shock: :o :shock: *dies*

THEY released it and NOT.. I repeat NOT Mutant!!!

*dies again*
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

They probably forgot Mutant even existed. I'm not suprised, since they only release(usually) two colors per pet day and Sketch and Darigan were the most recent. o.0;

-runs off to collect the avatar- >D