Desert and Speckled Xweetok

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Noble fauf

Desert and Speckled Xweetok

Post by Noble fauf »

The new Xweetok day colours are out! (a little late today)
ImageImage

The desert outfit is simple, but the body posture of the Xweetok is difficult to work with. I do like the eyeliner.

Speckled has a strange face like it fell into a bag of powdered sugar.
Madge

Re: Desert and Speckled Xweetok

Post by Madge »

Oh my gosh, the desert looks pretty poor imo. I can't really think of anything better they could've done with the pose, except a hat like the draik's might have been a nice touch. The wrist bands are the wrong colour, and having the loincloth have a brown back makes it hard to see that that's what it is.

Giving the xweetok green accents instead of the darker brown might have made the wrist bands look more in place, and making the back part of the loincloth green would'veh elped too.

The green could've been replaced with the azure that a few desert pets seem to have for their accentsm as well. Also, it seems the xweetok only has one earring?

As for speckled, I like that speckled has highlights and all, but the green/white is a little repetitive after a while. A speckled xweetok could've looked like a real chipmunk or something (though I guess this should be reserved for spotted?). In any event, fairly dissapointing, glad I'm no great xweetok fan!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

though I guess this should be reserved for spotted?
Funny, I thought the same...but with Striped. And I forgot there was already one. Forgettable pet is forgettable.
(haibraintwin)

The Xweetok has an AWFUL base, so I'm not sad to see these.

Speckled is fine. Desert should have gone the Usul's way and got a STAFF. MAGIC.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Whoops, I forgot it was Xweetok day xD How silly, I love Xweetoks!

Desert is rather forgettable, and I'm glad I wasn't waiting on it for anyone or anything. I actually like the base color however, and I REALLY like the eyeliner. I wish that part was removable.

I think speckled is -really- pretty, though! I love the paint splattered look and how white the face is. If Kaigiri wasn't so perfect as just boring old blue, I'd want to paint him this.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I'm not impressed by either of these.

The desert has a nice base and bangles, but the loincloth just kills it. Not all desert pets need loincloths! D8 They could have given it a cape like the aisha instead, and it probably would have looked better. Especially since the base is bad to begin with. You just can't give quadrapeds pants and have them look right. :(

Speckled isn't doing anything for me, either. With that face and those paws, I almost expect the thing to have just finished [messily] eating a cake and having icing all over it. Which could be cute if done well, I think. I just don't really like what's going on here. :/
Captain_Awesome

Post by Captain_Awesome »

Wasn't there already a spotted Xwee?

...yeah.
Fury

Post by Fury »

I'm not a Xweetok fan but I quite like the splatter effect on Speckled. To me, Desert looks a bit lacking especially on the top half. A hand held item would have been a welcome addition.

I must say though... that both sets of clothes released are really gorgeous!

ImageImage
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Desert looks odd.. I like the eyeliner, though. Speckled is a very 'meh' colour for me, and this is no better.

The clothes are gorgeous, though! <3 It almost makes me want to buy them.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Faun

Post by Faun »

I wanted christmas...:(

the colours are very "meh".

I want those clothes! *steals*
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

the clothes are the only good things on them i think the desert was certainly a good thought of idea but ultimately should have gone back to the drawing board or at least give them a new base . and i think speckled is still meh for most pets
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Speckled comes courtesy of 'headfirst into a tin of Dulux' again, hmm. (I just checked out all the Speckled pets, and only the Kyrii shares this painting-accident look so far, although they have been remarkably consistent with colouring throughout the species, same shade of green and everything - with the exception of the Usul which is completely different.)

Desert is nice enough but nothing to write home about. Nice face markings but not a huge amount of clothing, though I'm not sure how they could have fitted any more on.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark