Royal Hissi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
luvas

Royal Hissi

Post by luvas »

Image Image

I think I just s*at myself as I first saw these O_O

I'm still excited up the rear end as I type this. Look at that CROWN. The bushy eyebrows, but wait it gets better. HE HAS A SNAKEY MOOSTACHE! Like a Draik!

His outfit is beautiful and like a cape, not overdressed, not too underdressed...Just totally right.

The female is equally amazing. The mascara, the hoodlike thing hanging over her head, and that beautiful gown!

Both are finished off with such a unique shade of blue/purple that I cant believe this is Neopets 2.0 - and such detail put into the clothes I'd expect them to be (RARE) NC Items...

No colour has ever gotten me this excited since the Royal Krawks many years ago. There has obviously been amazing effort and love(?) put into these costumes and colours. I say it's an amazing blessing for the unpopular Hissi. The brush, if it were not for the Hidden Tower, would have surely tripled in price by now what with the Kiko and now this graceful being Amongst us!
Last edited by luvas on 29 Jul 2010 09:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Goldenchaos

Re: Royal Hissi

Post by Goldenchaos »

I like the shade of purple on the female one.. But I was kind of hoping for a more aztecy sort of royalty than generic king and queen.

Couldve done with a scepter!
Image Image
ImageImage
Rah

Post by Rah »

xD luvas your excitement makes me giggle.

Personally they're not my own cup of tea! Similar shades to the royal draiks in base, although too much yellow going around for my tastes. Might have been nice to see a different colour chest. I would have preferred to see the royalboy in a deeper blue, this one is a bit desaturated.

The cloak on the royalboy makes me think he's sticking out his belly more than usual. Like 'HEEE LOOK I'M HAVIN' BABIES' - I think it's because the bend and thinness of the body is covered up. The golden metal bits look like they'd be nice for customisation though. I do think the eyebrows look kind of stupid xD

There is a REALLY straight edge on the left side of the royalgirls headscarf thing. Weird. The pinks and purples compliment each other nicely I suppose, and I like the detailing on the shirt. But overall, neither are pets that really interest me.

I think a more Aladdin style set of royals would have been nice, since the Hissis always remind me of Jafar.
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

Amazing.
It looks like the female is going to have a baby though >.<
(:
Totally makes up for ruki day.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Unfortunately, I really dislike both of these.

The eyes on both are very cartoony, especially when you add in those ridiculous brows they have the male rocking. And if you couldn't tell they lifted the color scheme directly from the draiks, all you have to do is look at the whiskers they stuck on the end of the male's snout.

The yellow on both bellies clashes badly - or it may be that there's just so much of it, like Rah said. While I think some of the male's bits might be nice to put on a different color, I don't think there's anything on the girl I'd want. Although, maybe if I saw it on a different color base, it wouldn't be so cheap-looking. As it is, all I can do is wince at that shade of magenta on top of that much purple and yellow.

But as I said, I do like the male's clothes, and kinda wish I had a spare Hissi to paint, so I could thief his gold bits for my ice pirate. Kinda. =D

But! Before I go, I do have to say this. Again. WHY DID YOU GIVE THEM FISTS, NEO, IF YOU WEREN'T PLANNING ON STICKING SOMETHING IN THOSE FISTS AT ALL OPPORTUNITIES?

*headdeskx1000*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I was really excited to see this topic. And very disappointed to see the result. The pet I once intentioned to keep as a Royal Hissi is long gone, but these would've left me horribly dissatisfied for that character.

I like the idea of the Chinese/Asian/Shenkuu theme. The mustache and the armor on the male, and the female's top can be barely identified as some sort of kimono styled garmet.

But the color of the male leaves me wanting. Which is especially a shame because the beard and eyebrows probably won't be transferable. The girl's color is unexciting too.
Image Image
ImageImage

I am unimpressed.
Purr

Post by Purr »

I honestly hate these.

The bae color for the male seems lazy, and for the female is quite blinding on my monitor, if you look too long.
The royal boy's outfit is very plain and disappointing. It shows so much belly 0_o at least put some nice markings there, please save us from the plain!
As for the female, the outfit looks like some sad wearable forced to contort and fit the hissi's terrible customization body. The eyeshadow looks lazy XP

I wanted nice muted colors, with amazing markings for these hissis ;__; Some nice hand-held objects, and such. But nope.
*crosses royal hissi off wanted list*
Haken

Post by Haken »

I like how they did the clothing. It always seem so detailed compared to the actual pet (which is a shame since I would rather have a nice looking pet than give it nice looking cloths...)

The colours are okay, though not really the best colour choice. As others said, they do clash a bit. The females colours are hard on the eyes, or at least they are on my eyes.

It's pretty good though compared to most other pets. But not something I'd want to get (well maybe I'd want to get a Male Hissi but not so much the female)
Kamik

Post by Kamik »

They remind me of the Royal Grarrl for some reason, I like the Royal Boy Mantle and if I had a Hissi would be the only reason I would have a Hissi, nice Royal Clothing. And like someone pointed out earlier, the Royal girl Hissi looks exactly the same colour as the Royalgirl Draik. They could of added a fancy sceptre (like someone else said) to them, like on some of the earlier royals. The new Hissi make me want to get a Hissi.

(Offtopic: When will we get Royal Chias?)
Wishing for Orange Spots...
Faun

Post by Faun »

I actually really like these pets. The base colours are nice, the clothes are pretty and detailed, and I love the eyebrows and the lttle mustache on the royal boy, and the mascara on the royal girl. The crown on royal boy is lovely. They could have had a scepter or something to hold though.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I can't stand the eyebrows on the royalboy. I might like it if not for them, but boy, I just can't get past them.

Also, it's odd that there are such straight vertical lines, like Rah pointed out on the headdress. The royalboy's cloak has them too, on both sides. It looks weirder on the royalgirl, though.

And I hate to see a snake in a skirt. But maybe that's a personal preference.
Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Since when is having purple caterpillars on one's face a good thing in TNT's eyes? Makes me want to go after the RB hissi with a razor. Or maybe a net to catch those things. Speaking of purple, could not a less garish shade of purple been used on the female? Overall, I'm not pleased with this pregnant pair of pythons (gratuitous use of alliteration, yea!). I guess I'd rather have seen them wearing masks in an Aztec style with body paint on pale chests. I like the tail bits on the RB, but even those, like the rest of the clothes, look wonky on the smaller size version.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

Once again, the female looks pregnant.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Xelio wrote:Since when is having purple caterpillars on one's face a good thing in TNT's eyes? Makes me want to go after the RB hissi with a razor. Or maybe a net to catch those things. Speaking of purple, could not a less garish shade of purple been used on the female? Overall, I'm not pleased with this pregnant pair of pythons (gratuitous use of alliteration, yea!). I guess I'd rather have seen them wearing masks in an Aztec style with body paint on pale chests. I like the tail bits on the RB, but even those, like the rest of the clothes, look wonky on the smaller size version.
The female is not purple; she's indigo. I know this because have used indigo before and it always ends up looking like that. If you alter the angle you look at her with she will seem to turn blue. This is because computer monitors really, really hate indigo.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I dislike pretty much everything about both of these.
Hissi is a pet that wears clothes pretty well usually. Not here though. Male's clothes are too scarce to feel royal. Colour matching of eyebrows with a cape? Just no. Female's top is okayish, or at lest it would be with a different base colour. Skirt is awful (why the cream coloured puffydiaper part?). Colours clash so violently it's difficult to look at for me. Also, I like neither base - too similar to ones that already exist.
Shame, there was so much potential here.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta