Mutant Acara

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Mutant Acara

Post by AngharadTy »

Wow. That is amazing. Mutants can be so great on Neo. This is a shining example of how good Neopets can still be.
Image Image
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

It took me some time to notice it was a new Mutant. The moment I saw it I thought it was a brand new colour and was very excited. It would have been great to have other pets in this style.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

It would make an awesome stand-alone colour...like..a corrupted space faerie energy colour. :O
Image Image
ImageImage
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

I thought Acara already had a Mutant color...it was like an octopus or something.

It's quite spectacular, really. Great design with life added to a previously lifless, repetitive pose. I like how the horns curve and the paws.

I don't really like it as a mutant. It doesn't fit what I consider a mutated version of an animal- animals don't start spouting dark, flamey matter out of their joints regardless of their exposure to chemicals/radiation. I'd love to see it as a standalone color, though. It would be amazing.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

The octopus one would be the Maraquan Acara:

The new Mutant Acara doesn't look much like a mutant, but I don't care what they call it... I'm just glad it exists. What a neat-looking pet.
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

it looks like it just came out of SPAWN comics
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

This should have been a totally new color, instead of spending another precious mutant slot on something that doesn't look very mutanty :[
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

TraditionsRule wrote:I thought Acara already had a Mutant color...it was like an octopus or something.
If not the Maraquan, maybe you were thinking of this unofficial one?

I really really like this. I definitely scanned the news in hopes of it being a new color, because it doesn't look at all mutant. It does, however, look gorgeous. It may actually be the future color of a pet I haven't found a good match for since the UC Mara Krawk. But I feel like she'd be good as a bit feline, with scary auras and extremely stylized anatomy.

Somehow with the line about Xandra's missing glasses, I was hoping it'd be a plot related color, some Anti-Faerie Curse potion. Alas, but I think I'm still glad it exists. Lovely art, unique concept and design. I'd like to see more along those lines.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I love the glowing features surrounded by a wraith-like face, they're unlike anything we've seen before and would make an awesome new colour some day. It looks properly evil.

That said, the rest of the pet just doesn't seem to gel - the bone and horns look good in isolation but the rest of the Acara's body looks a bit like a plucked and roasted chicken. I realise that Mutant pets are not supposed to look pretty, as such, but I really don't know whether I like this one or not. A shame because the dark bits are awesome.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

If not the Maraquan, maybe you were thinking of this unofficial one?
Oh woops, the old style's colour scheme always made me think maraquan was a mutant. :oops:
Faun

Post by Faun »

I really, really love this. I think I may have to go create a new pet so that I can get one of these. :D
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

i don't know what to think of this

Its like a cross between a bolt of cyber space dust, the space faerie and a horned red grizzly bear!

i don't knowwwwwwwwwwww
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

They've added another trio of horns going right down the middle of its head. I don't like them. They're way too crowded and completely unnecessary. They also make the reddish brown fur standout even more as an oddity against the dark blue.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Dammit, I don't like it now. The face is still awesome, but the three new horns ruined it.

Oh well, at least I don't need one now.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Well fuck me. >.< Whoever had the bright idea of adding the horns on needs to be not in charge of making these decisions anymore.

Oh well, like Cranberry said, at least I don't need one anymore.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.