Woodland JubJub

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Darigan

Woodland JubJub

Post by Darigan »

TNT just released another surprise colour (after the Mutant Acara). Looks like we are back to the days of new colours being released randomly (since customization the new norm was to release colours only on pet days or special dates).

I'm not sure I like this JubJub. Looks like a bush with eyes and mouth pasted. The eyebrow also bother me a little.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Re: Woodland JubJub

Post by Nogitsune »

For the larger image: Image

Why are the eyebrows orange?
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

It's a shrubbery jub jub (try saying that fast a few times). This one looks more like one of those fuzzy stick-on promotional thingies than any other Jubjub on the site. It certainly doesn't look anything like any Woodland pet we've seen before. Kudos for trying something original!

Why do the two images on this thread have completely different eyes/eyebrows?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I really like the colors used in the smaller image and I hope that's what they go with, because the blue eyes and orange eyebrows don't look as good, imho. That greenish color on the eyes in the first image is just beautiful!. Don't think I can get over the pasted-on look to the face, though.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Kantark wrote:It's a shrubbery jub jub (try saying that fast a few times). This one looks more like one of those fuzzy stick-on promotional thingies than any other Jubjub on the site. It certainly doesn't look anything like any Woodland pet we've seen before. Kudos for trying something original!

Why do the two images on this thread have completely different eyes/eyebrows?
My best guess is that the image in the news is what it's supposed to look like, but the larger image at the Rainbow Pool is how it does look (at least for now).
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Wow. That's an incredible letdown. There's nothing at all appealing about this. From the disparate eyes and mouth, to barely defined foliage and stone feet. Bleh.
prinveli

Post by prinveli »

I like how it's a bush , but everythig else.

The news one looks angry, the other one is better but WHY SO ORANGE EYEBROWS? Why don't they have no eyebrows..?
ShadowHoundoom
Human Avatar: 376364

Post by ShadowHoundoom »

Is it...bigger than the rest of the JubJubs? Cause' it seems that way to me.
Of course, I've never paid much attention to JubJubs. (I only have one cause' my friend was gonna pound her strawberry one and I decided to take it.)

All in all, it's not the most amazing pet. The orange eyebrows in the larger one are...odd, to say the least.
The way the face is...I enjoy it, but it does seem rather lazily done, and the feet seem kinda...off.
The shading isn't very appealing to me, either.
I do enjoy the bush idea, I just wished they would've done a better job with it.
Subeta/deviantART/Neopets
~Icon by Keshi~
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

It's a nice idea, yeah, but the face looks too pasted-on.
luvas

Post by luvas »

Darigan wrote:
I'm not sure I like this JubJub. Looks like a bush with eyes and mouth pasted. The eyebrow also bother me a little.
Actually, that's the reason I LOVE it! :D
Most Woodland Neopets look like unnatural sculptures of wood...This Jubjub looks very natural. I dunno, I'm just a guy who likes realistic colors.
The only thing that could have made this pet better is if he was given root feet...Or if the feet were brown, even.