Maractite and Spotted Hissi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Maractite and Spotted Hissi

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

Wow some impressive new colours. The eyes on the Maractite Hissi seem to bright in contrast with the rest of its body, and the belly does seem rather bare. Though I like the colour they chose. I also like the swirly patterns on the head and tail tip.
Spotted is pretty amazing, the markings are nicely placed. And I like the subtle rattle snake tail they've added.
Fury

Re: Maractite and Spotted Hissi

Post by Fury »

For some reason, I wasn't overly impressed with either of these when I first saw them but any addition to the growing pool of realistically coloured pets is a good one!

The main motive for me posting was to share the Hissi Day clothes:

ImageImage

I'm sorry but LOLWTFSHOES
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Spotted is awesome. There's somewhat of a rattler on both colors which is a positive. Not enough to make me care about Maractite, but whatevs.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Argh... it's a snake...

Imaginative colouring on the Spotted, it's always a pleasant surprise to see another naturalistic option become available. The Maractite has thinner-than-usual markings which I think works nicely on the Hissi.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Myself in the Hissi day prediction thread wrote:I think I will be guessing Spotted in the hopes they make another of those cool designs based on real animals
You see, TNT?
I get into your minds!!!
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

The only thing bothering me about the Maracite Hissi is the marking on the nose. Other than that I'm digging it. Spotted is pretty damn cool also.

::double thumbs up::
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
icicledragon4

Post by icicledragon4 »

I always like it when they release something unexpected from a predictable color. The spotted hissi is very nicely made. It also looks like a better camoflage hissi than the real camoflage one. Maractite is amazing, as usual. I'm glad that they use different patterns for each species(Maractite). The eyes on both came out very nice.
Last edited by icicledragon4 on 05 May 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luvas

Post by luvas »

Tis a Diamondback Rattlesnake!! I love it when TNT goes outside the box for new Pet Colour combinations. An obvious 10/10 from me :D
Maractite is also very good for a Colour I usually intensely dislike because of its lack of naturalism. The thinner rune markings really work well, and it too, has a 'Rattle Tail' - The Spanish clothes confuse me a bit, but hey at least they have good effort put into them