Maractite and Speckled Koi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kinesthesia

Post by Kinesthesia »

ImageImage

Maractite is very pretty I love that even though they are lighter colored the fins still have designs on them. But the pattens on the face seem crowded together and the cheek swirl looks kinda odd being up against the eye.

Speckled is actually surprisingly very nice for a usually boring color. The white works very well on the fins but true to it's name there is still a very light speckling on the body but the dots are small and not overbearing. This would be my second favorite speckled pet after the ixi.

Clothes

ImageImage
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

ImageImage

Clothes:
ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kinesthesia

Re: Maractite and Speckled Koi

Post by Kinesthesia »

I already posted this. But I think we were very close or may have even been at the same looking at the time stamp. :D
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Kinesthesia wrote:I already posted this. But I think we were very close or may have even been at the same looking at the time stamp. :D
Yeah, I think we posted it the same minute, though I think yours was just a bit earlier than mine. These are two nice new colours, though.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I like speckled. It's so lovely and pale. Some of the new clothing is interesting, too.
Image Image
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I don't know why the speckled has a bright blue eye, but otherwise it's a great example of a speckled pet. Maractite I'm kinda meh about. It's not rocking me like it could. Still though, pretty solid koi day all around with the colors and clothes.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Shiny Neomysterion

Post by Shiny Neomysterion »

I guess TNT is trying to pump out all the untried pet possibilities for the cheaper pet colours (Glowing, Speckled, etc.) in my opinion.
The release of the Maractite Koi was very well expected by the way, yet the style is not how I pictured. :P
A.K.A.: D-Pad Doc, Neomysterion, The Plushie Ultimatum, and Dr. Meepit Tower et al.
Twitter | Facebook | Neopets (main)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Blue is a not-entirely-uncommon eye color for speckled pets. More common if you count the light blue shades in overall "blue" eyes.
Image Image
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Maractite is rather unusual, the patterns seem quite muted - especially on the arms/fins/tail, where they appear to be under the surface of translucent skin. This is an interesting effect and helps to set the Koi apart from other Maractites. The patterning on the main body is more regular, the large swirl possibly a little close to the eye than it could be, and the two dots on its 'nose' look like nostrils.

Speckled is fine - the speckles being fairly limited to just close to the borders between the white and green colouring. It works well on the Koi which has quite a small body, and means it doesn't look as messy as it could've done if completely flecked with white.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Runic

Post by Runic »

I think both are lovely additions! I like the fins on the Marctite. The details are very precise. Kinda gives it that underwater feel, which is fitting of course. xD
Speckled is nice, especially the blue eye.

Not a fan of Kois, but nontheless, very nice Koi day!
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Ooooh, pretty on both accounts! The fin details on the maracite are lovely. Perhaps a bit too much white on the speckled, but I knew that a speckled koi would be nice.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}