Tyrannian and Camouflage Yurbles

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Hummingbird

Tyrannian and Camouflage Yurbles

Post by Hummingbird »

ImageImage

And the wearables released for Yurble Day:
Image Image
Hummingbird

Re: Tyrannian and Camouflage Yurbles

Post by Hummingbird »

I'm not sure whether I like the Tyrannian or not. There's something odd about the placement of the tooth. The Camo is pretty much just a colourfill. It's nothing interesting.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

That tooth is very far back in its jaw isn't it? The mustard and grey colourscheme is a little jarring. Scary eyebrows. Its ruff look like it's wearing one of those faux-leopardskin car seat covers that were all the rage in 1983. Yay?

I like the colours used on Camo, quite similar to the colours used on a Maractite pet but the patterning looks suitably different to set it apart. The pattern looks to be more 'blotchy', like a sort of dappled light being projected on to it. I'd be keen to see the larger version of this.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

Here are the larger versions:
ImageImage
Runic

Post by Runic »

Camouflage is quite a beauty! Though it gives that aquatic feel. Aren't they a forest dweller?

Tyrannian is creepy. I dislike the spotted mane. The face....well, it's very Tyrannian i guess.
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

Upon closer inspection of the camouflage, it appears that it has a very light speckled effect on its stomach. I like this.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I love the coloring on camo's mane. Overall a very pretty yurble.

Tyrannian almost always disappoints me. I want more of them to be like the Krawk. Heh.
Image Image
weylin42

Post by weylin42 »

Runic wrote:Camouflage is quite a beauty! Though it gives that aquatic feel. Aren't they a forest dweller?

Tyrannian is creepy. I dislike the spotted mane. The face....well, it's very Tyrannian i guess.
Well, Yurbles do also live around swamps, so that might explain the slightly swampy colours.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I love the striping effect on the curled up ear things. Looks very natural like wild feline striping. I also appreciate the gradual fading of the pattern toward the center of the face. Somehow though the pattern on the head doesn't seem to fit that of the arms. It's like the natural of the design is distorted. I can't quite elaborate exactly what I mean to satisfaction, but it just doesn't mesh right.

Tryannian is a mess, and not a hot mess, either. I like the eye color, but that's about it.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, i'm not that (favorably) impressed with Tyrannian either.

Camo is nice! I guess the only thing i can nit-pick is the faint spot-swirls in the mane - generally, i don't think longish hair would clump neatly into color patches like that. But the rest - brilliant use of shading, subtle color differences, and concentration of certain swirls/colors in places that seem appropriate. The colors all fit neatly together, too, and i could see (or theoretically not see) one of these in a lush water-rich woodland area.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

camo is very nice even though i am not a fan of this pet the other color on the other hand UGH where did that come from the sliver on it is awful :P
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Tyrannian is a thumbs down, moving on.

Camo is not bad (thought it was maracite, though). I personally wouldn't have chosen blue for the scheme. Perhaps red/orange/yellow.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}