Desert and Gold Acara

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Bif

Desert and Gold Acara

Post by Bif »

Image Image

Gold is so gold and shiny. Not a colour I like too much for if you want a trophy looking pet...

Desert is very busy but it might be nice to mix and match some of the clothes and gives a few options. Also, the gold on the clothes looks kind of...cheap? Can't really tell from the small image but is the far eye bolder than the closer eye?
Goldenchaos

Re: Desert and Gold Acara

Post by Goldenchaos »

I so thought there was a desert Acara already. Its pretty neat though. And yea, the farther eye does look like it overapplied the eye liner
Image Image
ImageImage
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

gold is nice except for the spot by the ear it looks almost peach colored to me. desert is nice as well but the white tunic looks kinda like a diaper
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

The Desert failed to grab my full interest. I can picture an old version of this, back when the original Acara artwork showed it facing forward. Never mind. The gold thing that coils around the ears bugs me so much. It just doesn't, look right. The whole pet looks messy, especially that ring on its paw. That REALLY annoys me.
Gold is nice, but I agree with invader about the ear patch. The shading on the hind leg is especially good.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Desert is very busy, maybe a tad too much jewellery? I do like the accessories though, very Egyptian! Gold is nice and shiny, these are definitely getting more metallic. The hue seems more like butter than gold. I'll never be happy with Gold it seems.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Unari

Post by Unari »

I actually really like Desert, and I rarely like busy pets. It adds some rather nice customization pieces.

Gold is gold is gold.
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

I am strangely compelled to challenge that Acara to a game of Duel Monsters.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I'm not keen on Desert, which is kind of odd given that I like both the Desert colour in general and Acaras. One, it looks a bit too cluttered, and two, I think the fur colour is a bit too dark. It'd work better if the whole body was about the same shade as the paws and ears, to my mind.

Gold has surprisingly been getting better recently, and this one is no exception. It looks rather good, with the sort of shine you'd expect from a pet that was actually metallic. I'd like it if they'd take the time at some point in the future to redo a few other pets, like the Lupe and Chomby, in this style -- how long has it been since any colour last had a redraw?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I don't think Gold looks metallic enough. Reminds me of butter.
Psychiccupid

Post by Psychiccupid »

I personally love the gold ^-^ It's a new dreamie of mine (can't wait for Neocolours to update :3) However, I find the desert to be a little cluttered I can't really see the Acara under all of the Egyptian stuff... I think it might look cooler unclothed
Forever a Xweetok Lover ^-^ check out http://www.neopets.com/~Mecha_Psychiccupid for all of my wonderful dreamies :3
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Here's a larger view of both: Image Image

It seems Desert's clothes have deserted it...

*Edit:
And now it's no longer naked! Image
Last edited by Nogitsune on 09 Jul 2011 01:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Yeah, that's just.... Brown :-P

Gold looks a bit better in its larger form. I'm thinking maybe a dark background would make it look a bit more lustrous.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

The gold looks like butter. I quite like it.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Huh. That Desert from the Rainbow pool isn't the same as the one in the news. The coloring is much too light.

The one in the news is in fact the same color as brown, and different from the Desert in the rainbow pool, per a color eyedropper.

Image Image Image
Brown - News - Rainbow Pool Desert

No makeup on either, is it a wearable? Because I'd support that, I wish all desert markings (and island, etc) were wearables sometimes.