Grey and Spotted Ruki

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Grey and Spotted Ruki

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

I think the Grey Ruki is a bit too happy :P Grey isn't as interesting to me as it used to be, the unique positions they were drawn in helped make them seem more depressed. Now they just look like they are suffering from pink eye. The Grey Ruki is ok, the drooping antannae is a nice little touch.
Spotted reminded me of Biscuit for some reason. I was kind of hopeing to see them base the colour on a real life insect.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Grey and Spotted Ruki

Post by AngharadTy »

While definitely no longer as interesting as before, this grey is fairly good, to me. Sure, it's smiling, but combined with the bags under its eyes, it looks like a desperate smile, like the wagging tail of a dog that's been kicked a dozen times. The antennae are great. Pity nothing else can be changed, but....
Image Image
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

I actually think that the larger imgae hasn't been coded properly, the News image shows the Ruki with the usual sad expression. They may not have realised.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, now I just sound pretentious. ;)
Image Image
Bif

Post by Bif »

I'm sad spotted wasn't based off a lady bug. :( That would have rocked.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'm also sad that on spotted the usual head spots are outlined and the others appear not to be. Seems kind of lazy to me.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Grey isn't bad for post-Customisation Grey, and it'd be even better if they wiped the weak smile off its face. At the moment it just looks a bit tired.

Spotted (what do I win?) is nice in that there aren't too many spots to clutter it up, and they're pretty well distributed. Agree with Bif, red with black spots would've been a bit more alluring.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark