Royal Lutari

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jamie

Royal Lutari

Post by Jamie »

ImageImage

A very colourful and tribal duo. I don't like the boy's brown tail, but overall they're acceptable. Not a huge fan, but I don't dislike them. I feel like the Royalgirl should be holding something as well, since the Boy has that huge staff.
ZomgethMew

Re: Royal Lutari

Post by ZomgethMew »

Oh geez, these are awesome! I agree that the Royalboy's colours are a bit odd, though.

I really like the girl :D I kinda want one now, hehe.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Dying_Light07

Post by Dying_Light07 »

So many colorful leaves X.X But they look great!

I agree that the girl should be holding something. I also wish the clothes looked a little more natural on them.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Unclothed: Image Image

A quick note: Per the usual, in the Rainbow Pool image, the Royalgirl has the Royalboy's eyes. The versions above have the right eyes.

Royalboy: I'm really fond of the tropical clothing and overall design. The collar around the neck seems more detailed though, so it sticks out a bit. As for the base color, it's odd, but decent. I think if it was more of a green than a teal it might have blended better. Also, oddly enough, the cornea of the eyes actually have a brown tint to them (so do the Royalgirl's, actually), similar to how the underbelly is also a light brown instead of white.

Royalgirl: I think I like this one a bit better than the Royalboy, but that's personal preference. My only issue with the clothes is that the sandals cut off the tips of the toes/claws. As for the base color, I really love it. It reminds me of some sort of tropical fruit. Yum!

Tl;dr - Two very nice Royal pets, even if the brown eyes are a bit odd.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Having come to this thread straight from commenting on the recent Ruki colours, the difference in style is jarring. These are firmly in the cartoon style - bold bright colours, not much in the way of shading (certainly no attempt at a photo-realistic effect), thick outlines. I prefer the royalgirl's base colouring (the green shade used on the 'boy clashes a little with the greens on the headdress/skirt).

These aren't bad by any means, but if I were to pick one pet from the colours released last week these wouldn't be it.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
_neo_kami_91

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

Want Royalgirl base colour.

Mental note: sell Orange Aisha Plushie, get lab map, zap. Zap, zap, zap.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I really dislike both outfits. Specially the royalgirl one.
Royalboys headpiece reminds me of this:

Ten years waiting for a Royal Jetsam...