Grey Scorchio

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

:D I think it is adorable and certainly a colour I would consider for Komodo if the darigan scorchio didn't exist. It may not be as uttely dejected as the Ixi or Yurble but I like that variation and the art itself certainly can't be faulted.

I'm disappointed that scorchios didn't get their revamp though I think tnt are at least aware of the problem so hopefully one will be forthcoming. That aside I am very pleased that Scorchios got one good redraw that wasn't ice or custard or whatever and I'm very very tempted to start zapping for one of these... I shall give it a few days to think about.

Gorgeous ^__^
clsimmons1985

Post by clsimmons1985 »

I love it :) It looks so ... rejected!
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

Ziggy wrote:I fail to see how it looks silver. Ok, theres a bit of shine on it here and there but its a reptile, it'll have smooth skin which will hold a shine more than fur.
Its really not all that bad considering osme of the latest grey pets. I'd keep it from the lab, wouldnt pay the current price for it though.
I don't think the point is that it's metallic looking; I think the point is this is a very nice design of a greyish hue that doesn't look very depressed. Thus, Silver, which as TNT does it, is mostly a grey colourfill.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

My first reaction was Is that supposed to be a grey scorchio :?

Once I compared it side by side with a regular scorchio, I realized that it's not so bad after all. It does look sad and the eyes are sort of nice. However, it lacks the utterly forlorn and wistful look of of a really great grey pet.
Not all who wander are lost.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

Everyone has taken the useful things I wanted to say. It's very ordinary, and we know the artists can do better.
Then again, we know they can do much worse, so this isn't too bad.

Ranged attack is cute. Wings are cute, but to me, very inconsistant. Same with the eyes...

I hate beaten.
It looks like it has just got its wisdom teeth out, and the shading does nothing for me.

Hit, defended, and close attack are lazy.

The droopy top spike doesn't stay spikey.

Not an awful pet, but not worth more than maybe 100k to me.

4/10. Could be better, glad it's not worse.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

... you know what? -transfers a few pets and creates a Scorchio-

I think I'll take my lab out of retirment for the time being. >3 I'll stop if I get darigan/mutant first, but grey's nice enough to keep too. x3 -zaps-
dunx5000

Post by dunx5000 »

I just don't find it grey. Half of those pics I could look at and say 'Gargoyle!' because it just looks like one... kinda

Pretty lazy for 2.5mil. so nah, not worth target zapping for really
Float

Post by Float »

would make a great sad pose for a scorchio revamp.

Thats all I have to say
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Settingshadow wrote:
I don't think the point is that it's metallic looking; I think the point is this is a very nice design of a greyish hue that doesn't look very depressed. Thus, Silver, which as TNT does it, is mostly a grey colourfill.
I fail to see a difference between the attitude/colour of this and the attitude/colour of the grey grarrl, which lots of people here like.
The colour of grey used is fine, I don't see how its majorly deviating from any other grey pet. So the poses aren't 'OmG slit my wrists!!!' melancholy, like say the ixi or yurble. But who said all grey pets had to be that way? In fact, from some past grey pets, TNT have shown that they most certainly DON'T have to be like that, the kyrii for example.
Some grey pets have a simply miffed look, like the grarrl, or a quietly accepting look. There are many different types of melancholy, they don't all have to be extreme.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Well put all. It's a great starting point for scorchio revamp - if all scorcios were drawn like this I might get one, but for 2.5mil... nah. I've mistaken it for silver as well at first... fighting poses ruin it... compared to other grey pets, this scorcho CARES to win too much... which is not in the spirit of grey at all
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

I quite frankly like it. I think it's one of the more better scorchios colors. And this coming from a Scorchio owner. ^^ As it being Grey I really think it does well in the being depressed look. And my no red eyes yea! I don't like the gret pets with red eyes makes them look more like stoners in my opinion than a depressed pet.

Now if only neo will revamp the poor Scorchios. X.x
Lakota

Post by Lakota »

Hmmm it is kind of cute, but that might be because the default scorchio really needs an update. At any rate, it is no where near as good as the older grey pets. It is better than the poor grey poogle though (why isn't there any poogle love on that site?!!).

Sorry for the bump-- just had to comment on this thing. Feel free to lock this broad if necassary.