Grey Scorchio

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
chocolatefairy13

Grey Scorchio

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Last edited by chocolatefairy13 on 14 Mar 2006 05:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

That...

...is one lazy pet. Jeebus.

*remembers the old days when Grey didn't SUCK ASS*
Last edited by Ierosbats on 14 Mar 2006 05:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Looks cute...though I utterly hate the Ranged Attack pose...
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Aww... I actually like it quite a bit. It's suitably sad and dumpy looking without looking all misshapen and blobby like the Shoyru and Poogle (and others). I adore the ranged pose - like it's trying to blow flames but can't quite manage it. It looks a little chubbier (or maybe it just has stubbier legs) than the normal Scorchio, but I think it works well on this pet - adds to the whole cute and pudgy look. :)
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Well, I wouldn't want one, but it's not bad like some other Grey Pets... *coughmeercacough*
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Disappointing.

It kind of reminds me of an old black and white cartoon. Like it's supposed to be colored but is stuck in monochrome.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

roger9614462 wrote:Well, I wouldn't want one, but it's not bad like some other Grey Pets... *coughmeercacough*
*coughhackwheezeChombyShoyruPoogleMeercaKougracough* :P
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

I think I would be head over heels with this if it were a Scorchio revamp of Silver.

The face is nicely done and expressive, the wings are beautifully droopy and the whole thing looks nicely shaded.

BUT it's so not worth grey -- the posing is barely different at all.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

It looks silver. We KNOW they're capable of fantastic grey pets, so why are they giving us shitty ones?

No cookie.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Settingshadow wrote:I think I would be head over heels with this if it were a Scorchio revamp of Silver.
Took the words out of my mouth. It's a nice Scorchio... but not a nice Grey Scorchio.

And where is the Scorchio revamp? For god's sake, TNT, just do it already. You KNOW they need it... why are you holding back? Scorchios are a great species, they just need some updating.
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

This is becoming a habit: *points up* What Shmoe said.

Man. I've only been playing a year and a half and I remember when grey was good, not, lalala, let's <a href="http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewclrs.ph ... hio">droop plushie </a> a little bit (except for a couple of bd poses; they're not reposed at all) turn the corners of the cheeks down, then greytone it and call it good.

I betcha this and that abomination of a rainbow pet are all Scorchios get for their day.

Poor things. Why do they hate them so?
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

WTF? Where's the scorchio revamp? They have toes growing from it's thigh. I'd still take a scorchio over a draik anyday, but there's no reason they couldn't have at least addressed this issue in a redraw color like grey. I've seen marvelous scorchios drawn by fans, and with how popular they are in merchandise and the bonus points they get for being dragons, they should have been given priority over lupe and kougras in the very least.
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

That was indeed all we got for Scorchio day :( The news is up already.

However, they did revamp the scorchio *plushies* showing that they must be aware, on some level, that the species needs a revamp with desperation.
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

I like it. But it doesn't really look depressed enough. It's just like whatever >>;; It's not bad, but they could have done more. *feels disappointed*

Fae
Umbreonmog

Post by Umbreonmog »

Man... it's not a bad pet, but it's not particularly good either. Very mediocre work. The art is good, but it just doesn't have the proper grey feel.