Relic and Gold Techo

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Gagarox

Relic and Gold Techo

Post by Gagarox »

Image Image

Nothing too spectacular here. Here's the scoop.
Relic has returned! I guess many people aren't happy about that. It's still nice though. Ugh, gold again. We've been getting a slew of these for weeks. Oh well, might as well wait for poogle day. Almost forgot the clothing
Image Image
Loving that hobo outfit there.
Kantark

Re: Relic and Gold Techo

Post by Kantark »

Wow, we haven't seen a Relic in years (well, maybe not years but it certainly seems like a very long time!) It looks fairly effective and stone-like, the crack across the chest looks authentic but the tail is maybe a little *too* cracked - that would definitely have succumbed to gravity wouldn't it?

Gold is a little disappointing compared to the more recent golds, certainly not a patch on the Draik.

With the old favourite Relic and the Gold coloured in an older style it almost seems as if these were made a while ago and were just waiting for release?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Dying_Light07

Post by Dying_Light07 »

Kantark wrote:With the old favourite Relic and the Gold coloured in an older style it almost seems as if these were made a while ago and were just waiting for release?
Agreed!

These are certainly screaming average to me. The gold actually really surprises me considering the others we have gotten lately have been quite good.

Relic is...okay. Both of these Techos are very....standard.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Large Views: ImageImage

Relic: About what we've come to expect from this color. There's some nice textures and I like the cracked tail, even if it isn't very probable.

Tl;dr - Looks pretty statue-like, but nothing particularity spectacular.

Gold: This is really lacking in shading compared to other gold pets. There's no real reflections, no extra layers of shading, and this only serves to make it extra buttery-looking.

Tl;dr - Really lacks in shading and highlights. Not nearly as good as some gold pets.