8-Bit and Eventide Poogle

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Gagarox

8-Bit and Eventide Poogle

Post by Gagarox »

Image Image
I don't know what to say about these poogles. I like the 8-Bit over eventide. The 8-Bit is well drawn. It really stands out with the other 8-Bits, but I really like the grundo and quiggle better. I not a big fan of eventide as always. I think the blue overpowers the red and yellows. It's still nice though. Keep your fingers crossed if you want a poogle. And clothing
Image Image
Loving the male outfit. It's just like maractite.
Jamie

Re: 8-Bit and Eventide Poogle

Post by Jamie »

Just a side note, if anyone desperately wants a Poogle. The Mysterious Negg deflated the Red Poogle Morphing Potion and they are currently about 45k! I think the cheapest Poogle MP would have been about 600k previously.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Wow, that's an impressive price change!

I like the rave outfit. The girl image looks super diseased... is that three strawberry seeds? weird.
Image Image
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

8-bit is a return to the more complicated/larger 8-bit designs sadly - I did prefer the simpler but more technically feasible style used on the Meerca but I don't think it really matters in the long run. It looks like a pixellised Poogle so... yay?

Eventide follows the Eventide pattern to the letter. The inverted red/blue on the belly is a bit jarring. And for some reason this colour makes the Poogle look even more rotund than usual. Maybe it's just because it's next to the (flat) 8-bit?

Cloting - Girl, think they've used a Strawberry Poogle as the base, for some reason. It's virtually devoid of seeds and the three visible ones on the face look very peculiar. Boy, glowsticks, fantastic!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Large views: Image Image

8-bit: I think this has a bit too much shading - 8-bit images are usually pretty flat. I think the tail might be a bit too far down as well. Other than that, it’s a pretty good design.

Tl;dr - There’s a bit too much shading, but it does have a decent composition to it.

Eventide: This is pretty nice - the head has some nice details and there’s a good amount of all colours. My only problem with it is the blue on the chest - I can tell what they were trying to do, but it clashes a bit too much, and that causes your eyes to be drawn to it instead of the face.

Tl;dr - Pretty nice, though the underbelly is a bit distracting.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Post by RNA »

I wish that 8-bit pets didn't come with dumpy "boy" clothes because ~obviously~ male is the default gender for pets.
The Eventide Poogle doesn't look too bad, although the belly area really pokes out at me because the "cloud" pattern looks like something I could have done on Photoshop when I was 10.
ImageImage