Halloween Pteri

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Gagarox

Halloween Pteri

Post by Gagarox »

Bleh! It's a vampire pteri, and he wants to suck your blood. Okay now to the review. This pteri looks a bit bland, but they really put the pteri's angry-like expression into use. The idea for a cape on the wings might be good. I wish they added shiny Transylvanian shoes on this one. This is still a good halloween pet. I wish their was still more effort put into the halloween pteri. :(
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Halloween Pteri

Post by AngharadTy »

I do not like that the black for the suit is not the same as the grey-black for the wings. The expression is nice, though. But this kinda feels like a fake pet, not a real official release.
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

Aww, I think it's adorable!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Ah.. ah.. ahh! A vampire, but it's more Sesame Street and less Bram Stoker. The appropriate hair, eyebrows, eyes and suit are all there - it's just a shame the basic Pteri these nice details are fitted around is so underwhelming.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Maybe it's a tribute to the Count?
The guy who voiced him died earlier this year and he does look an awful lot like him.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Count von Count's counting song on Youtube.... quality! Of course I couldn't watch that without also revisiting the censored version, ahem, very juvenile.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ah, yes, THAT'S why it looked so familiar. I couldn't figure out why i liked it. :-)
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

I agree with what Angharad said about it looking unofficial. The first time I saw it I said to myself, 'I'm sure I've seen this before!'
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

The one thing I noticed about this immediately is that it looks very old compared to recent Neopets art. Not to say it’s bad or anything, just simplistic. The second thing I noticed is that this is very similar to the Halloween Blumaroo, right down to the black V on the head (is that hair?). Now, I think the biggest problem with this is the colors. I really like the shade of purple they used for the base color, but the light gray of the wings contrasts with the black of the suit. If they had been black as well, I think this image would have looked 2x better.

The feet also bug me, in that I can’t figure out what it’s wearing. Are those socks? Shoes? It’s just really odd how they don’t cover the entire foot. I do really like the way they did the eyes though, namely the shade of red they used.

Tl;dr - Fans of older Neopets’ art will like this, and if the wings were just a bit darker, this would be almost perfect.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I didn't even notice the things on the feet! They could be spats, though.