Stealthy Kyrii and Techos

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Color Wheel

Stealthy Kyrii and Techos

Post by Color Wheel »

Image Image

Unclothed:

Kyrii: The color scheme of this is really nice - the reds, blacks, and dark blues mesh together, and the peach ear is a nice accent. Technically the red might actually make it stick out a bit in the dark, but it works well here.

Unclothed, however, we start to run into some problems. Now, I do like the eyes; I’m not sure why, but they look a lot better without pupils. The body’s a nice shade of dark blue as well. However, the mane clashes a bit without the clothes to accent it, and so do the ears. The biggest thing, however, is the patch of tan fur under the head. I’m almost wondering if this was a glitch; the underbelly is the same color as the rest of the fur, so there’s no reason for the fur under the head to be a different color.

Tl;dr - My personal favorite Stealthy pet so far, though the base, while interesting, clashes a bit.

Techo: Instead of the Kyrii, which used red to accent it, this uses silver. It also has a lot more metal pieces to it and has quite a bit more detail. Personally I’m fond of the Kyrii’s colors a bit more, but there’s nothing wrong with this.

I’m fairly certain the unclothed version is glitched. The tail’s a completely different shade than the body and the body itself seems to be missing its lineart completely. In fact, the body’s also missing the highlights seen on the clothed version. Therefore, I won’t try to critique this yet.

Tl;dr - I can’t speak for the base, but the clothed version is a perfectly nice addition to the color.
Kantark

Re: Stealthy Kyrii and Techos

Post by Kantark »

I'm impressed by the Kyrii - I like the burgundy piping on the clothing which matches the Kyrii's hair, the fingerless gloves (or whatever they're supposed to be) are good. Maybe the ears are a tad too light but the eyes are spot-on. The underlying pet would be great if it weren't for the weird light part under the mouth, like Color Wheel I guess/hope it's just glitched.

The Techo is an interesting counterpoint with the silver detailing, but it just doesn't seem to have the right attitude - while the Kyrii looks ready to kick ass the Techo seems to be slumped in its costume. This could well be just down to the basic Techo pet pose. The naked pet has some odd issues, as Color Wheel has already mentioned.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Stealthy Kyrii and Techos

Post by Jessi »

I feel like they forgot to turn on a lineart layer on the techo O_o I know it's supposed to be stealthy but I don't feel like it's supposed to miss lineart!