Maraquan and Skunk Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kantark

Maraquan and Skunk Ogrin

Post by Kantark »

ImageImage

Yay, a proper themed redraw! The lobster-like Maraquan is great - very brightly coloured though! Nice combination of red/orange, possibly adding the blue makes it a little too busy? It certainly stands out. There's something funny going on with the perspective of the 'fin' along the back of its head/neck, it doesn't look quite right, and the tail looks a little tacked-on - but overall this is a fun & interesting new colour.

Skunk looks muted in comparison - it's a bit 'Fifty shades of grey' so to speak. Nice enough for a darker base colour for customisation.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Maraquan and Skunk Ogrin

Post by Seerow »

I really like both of these. But I also really like Ogrin. The skunk palette looks good on these guys I think. The Maraquan is also pretty darn entertaining. It's got a ton of tacked on looking parts but somehow it works. The colors are great! I like the additional legs even if they sorta threw me off at first.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

The Maraquan looks like an ALien Lobster from outer space

it's nice , but it doesnt have a swimming pose .. and doesn't look too maraquan ...
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

The colours on the maraquan are amazing. I'm not sure what on earth I'd do with a pet like that, but it's so much fun!
Madge

Post by Madge »

I think they're both gorgeous! It almost makes up for the whole "being an ogrin" factor.
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

I've always had a dislike for ogrins, but hey, these colours are actually quite appealing. The maraquan variation reminds me of Doctor Zoidberg for some reason.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Post by RNA »

I think it's L-A-Z-Y that they didn't even bother to redraw the Ogrin, just give it extra bits. I really don't like Ogrin faces :P
ImageImage