Camouflage and Water Buzzes

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Camouflage and Water Buzzes

Post by RNA »

ImageImage

Well the ring markings on the Water Buzz were unexpected. The water patterning isn't as nice as on pets like the Jetsam, though.

Camouflage looks really lovely, especially considering it's a cheap colour! The wings do look rather plain compared to the rest of the pet.

Big sizes:
Water
Camouflage
ImageImage
Color Wheel

Re: Camouflage and Water Buzzes

Post by Color Wheel »

Large images:

Water: You... you didn't even try. I suppose it's not that bad, but there's a serious lack of shading on this, not to mention the lack of any texture on the head and spikes. Meh.

Camouflage: The pattern on this is well done, particularly the speckling on the underbelly, but the colors... The main green is is desperate need of desaturation; as it is, it's almost painful to look at. The wings clash a bit, though that might be just be because the body color is so painfully bright. The eyes really clash as well; I suppose they made them blue to make them pop, but it defeats the camouflage purpose and is just overall unpleasent. A dark green would have most likely been a better choice.

Tl;dr - The patterning is great, but this needs desaturated badly.
weirdguy

Re: Camouflage and Water Buzzes

Post by weirdguy »

Water: Reverse light to dark is interesting. I guess they were trying to go with the bottom of a pool look?

Camo: Something about the spread of the pattern feels off, but it's still kind of neat.

Are there any camo pets that use the pixelated camo pattern?