Darigan and Dimensional Elephantes

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Darigan and Dimensional Elephantes

Post by RNA »

ImageImage
Darigan: Too much clutter, head looks empty. I like the forehead markings but I feel this is a ripoff of the much more successful Chomby (which was in turn inspired by the Darigan Uni)? The tusks should be a different color because they look out of place.

Dimensional: Too much shading compared to the last two Dimensionals, which were pretty flat. I like that it's green but. Does anyone have a large version?

Edit: the Darigan Elephante had a hat added but it looks rather anticlimactic. It does make the whole composition more balanced...
Last edited by RNA on 16 Jan 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Kantark

Re: Darigan and Dimensional Elephantes

Post by Kantark »

No big 'uns yet because TNT haven't updated the rainbow pool...

Darigan is looking increasingly out of date as a colour compared to the more modern colours, and this Elephante is definitely no exception. The reptilian red eye is excellent but the body's pretty underwhelming.

Dimensional looks very flashy, I'd like to see the large version before I pass judgement on the blotches but suffice to say I like glowy green things almost as much as I like glowy blue things.

EDIT:

ImageImage
Last edited by Kantark on 16 Jan 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Why did TNT suddenly decided to release a bunch of rushed Darigan pets?
Bif

Post by Bif »

Darigan wrote:Why did TNT suddenly decided to release a bunch of rushed Darigan pets?
To try and get the colour over and done with? I suspect that it's a colour which the younger audience doesn't like that much. I'm just guessing though.
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

we won a war for these pets. We deserve better.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Darigan: I can appreciate what they were going for with the more realistic tusks, but they just don't look right to me. I think it's because real elephants have skin over the top of their tusks next to the trunk; the closest you can get with the Elephant's basic line art is something closer to the Tyrannian's tusks.

Now, with that aside, the purple accents are... rather unpleasant to me; a dark blue might have worked better. I like the reptilian eye and the markings they have look fine, but the whole thing feels rather... underwhelming. Maybe it just needed more markings or something should have been done with the ears (make them webbed, perhaps?) but overall it's just... there.

Tl;dr - Nothing bad, nothing amazing.

Dimensional: There's really not much to say about this; it's on par with the other dimensional pets, and if you like the color you'll probably like this. The green's a nice shade and is probably the appealing to the eyes in terms of the dimensional pets so far.

Tl;dr - Average for the color. The green works nicely.
Last edited by Color Wheel on 26 Jan 2013 09:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Post by RNA »

The brush work on the Dimensional looks really sloppy. Even I could make neater highlights D:<
ImageImage
kookybloo

Post by kookybloo »

I actually like the Dimensional's blotches, it gives the pet sort of a plasma look.