Water & Eventide Kacheek

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kantark

Water & Eventide Kacheek

Post by Kantark »

ImageImage

These are two quite similar looking pets - releasing them on the same day seems something of an odd decision. They are both good examples of their respective paintbrush colours, however.

Water has some very pretty detailing on the tail and lower body, although the uneven weighting of the outline jars a little. The translucent effect on its right arm is a nice touch.

Eventide benefits from the Kacheek's extremely large head by really showing off the darker blue starry sky, my favourite part of the colourscheme.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
MalionX

Re: Water & Eventide Kacheek

Post by MalionX »

I think these colours go pretty well together... in fact...

Color Wheel

Re: Water & Eventide Kacheek

Post by Color Wheel »

Water: The little < next to the mouth is odd, especially considering Kacheeks normally don't have that. Also, why is the inside of the mouth pink? That's... disturbing when you think about it.

There's some nice swirling on the body, (though I'm not sure how "water-like" that really is) and the tail's nicely done, particullary the tip. The spurt of water on the head is creative and the transparency on the arm is a wonderful detail. The head looks rather flat compared to the body, however.

Tl;dr - The head's a bit flat, but other than that it's rather pretty, even though it doesn't do much for me.

Eventide: This avoids the straight-across gradients - yay! I'm still not a fan of the colored outlines, but they're not harming anything I suppose. If there's any real problems with this (aside from what plagues all eventide pets), it's that the stars on the head not only look... off to me, but they extend down too far for my liking.

Tl;dr - A decent eventide pet that, at the very least, had actual effort put into it.