Wraith and Eventide Zafaras

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kantark

Wraith and Eventide Zafaras

Post by Kantark »

ImageImage

Wraith: Interesting design, it's still just about recognisable as a Zafara. The mouth looks strange, cutting fully across the Zafara's neck as if it's had its head pulled off. And that little pink mark above the top set of jaws - is that the tongue? The eyes are nicely evil-looking. I'd like to see a more normal Zafara colouring with eyes that shape.

Another Blinkin' Eventide: This isn't bad - smooth gradient fill on the lower body and some nicely detailed night sky at the top (I think this paintbrush would look awesome with night sky all over, but...). The spines on the back look out of place being bright yellow, and the outline disappears on its right foot.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Wraith and Eventide Zafaras

Post by AngharadTy »

The wraith zafara looks like it has a beard. =|
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

AHAHA it does. :D

Now it looks much less vicious. I still think it looks really cool, though.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I can't see it as a mouth! It looks like a detached head, just floating above the rest of the body. That little line near the nose looks like a small, closed mouth to me.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I saw these in the news and said "holy crap, these are cool" - but on closer inspection and reading your comments, it's more a "LOL, maybe not." They're still cool on first impression, but i'm giggling at the tidbits of "oops" on these.

Wraith: I can see all of them - crazy freaky teeth, beard, or decapitation for that jagged line. It does seem to be the tongue-sliver there, though with this it just looks like the "lip" (assuming those are indeed teeth). What gets me is the complete absence of a right arm. Heh. The ears have been repositioned - apparently the left one is hiding. The swirly bits and overall color are nice, though.

Eventide: Nice at first, but this is the most "colorfill" of the Eventide pets so far. The red band of color looks especially abrupt in this one. The back-spines really look out of place, and there are no "Little Fluffy Clouds" anywhere, not even on the chest fur. The darkness with multitude of stars is nice, and i like the subtle effect with the black ear spots.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I hadn't spotted the beard on the Wraith... but now I can't unsee it. Thanks Ty :-P

I also hadn't twigged that Eventide didn't have any little fluffy clouds, though there's probably only the tail that has enough light blue to display them, they'd look very odd if put on the face. It's a strange one - the bottom half looks like an old-school gradient fill and exceptionally plain compared to the top half, which is very detailed.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
weirdguy

Post by weirdguy »

all i can really say is that one of the wraith hands looks drawn on its side, and somebody decided that lelouch's clothes were suited for zafara wear
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Wraith: Let me just say one thing; most wraiths, were I to see one in a dark Neopian alleyway, would only creep me out. This, on the other hand...

The disconnected jaw is something I never liked on the Wraith Techo. I'm not too found of it here either, especially due to the beard that I cannot unsee. It's a bit of an odd shape, too - where'd its neck go, exactly? It's not awful, it's just a bit bizarre and distracting.

I love the twisted, spiked tail, but it connects oddly to the body, mostly because there's no line to separate the body from the tail like there is on a regular Zafara. I feel like more could have been done with the back spikes as well; I only just now noticed they were there at all.

Tl;dr - The fact that this deviates so far from the source might be a turn off to some people, but it does have a wonderfully ferocious design that I'm rather fond of.

Eventide: Well, there aren't any straight-across gradients on the body, so that's something, at least. The head's very starry; almost too much so, as it looks much more detailed than the rest of the body. There's a good separation between the chest and the rest of the body without it being too distracting, though the back spikes are rather plain and almost stick out because of it.

Tl;dr - It has a lot of the same problems as most Eventide pets, but this at least had some effort put into it. A decent color fill overall.