Camouflage and Snow Lennies

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Camouflage and Snow Lennies

Post by RNA »

ImageImage
Currently the big size is broken so that Camouflage has gritted teeth ><

The camouflage has a very nice design. I heard it's based on a quail? Very nice spots and "mask". Might consider making Ronderu one of these instead of mutant and dressing her up with the new Lenny set.

Snow is eh, they didn't take the effort to make the outline like a snowman.
ImageImage

The clothing sets for Lenny Day were phenomenal. I mean, plague doctor! Can't wait to buy these.
ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Camouflage and Snow Lennies

Post by Jessi »

Oh it IS based on a quail! I saw it in the news and couldn't figure it out for the life of me, but I totally see that now! Ugh now I want one.. I just love the lennies based off of real birds, and quails are some of my favorites (I even have the pet Quail on Subeta - with the design of a button quail, haha).

That plague doctor outfit is unbelievably awesome.
tagcat

Post by tagcat »

I love the new camo lenny. Its so rare we get a really nicely done pet that has a bit of though behind it (imo all camo pets should be recoloured like this to suit their real life animals natural tones)
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I think I want a Plague Doctor Lenny.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Snow's pretty - nice tail-feather sticks and coal eyes, but feel they could've done something more to break up the unrelenting snowiness of the rest of it.

But now the main event...

It's a very pleasant surprise to see another real-world inspired Camo pet, and one so nicely made. The speckling on the wings and chest is suble but effective, the little white collar band is a bonus too.

Lovely job, clothes are also great, Lennies did very well this year!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Hanabachi

Post by Hanabachi »

The camo Lenny... and the plague doctor clothes...

...I think I need a Lenny.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Yay quail!

My guess is a California quail - very pretty!
Spoiler: open/close
Image Image
I also love the clothes, I wish more things were in such nice, realistic styles. And creepy plague doctors are perfect for the lenny, I kinda want one myself...
Fury

Post by Fury »

Oh maaaaan that is one nice Camouflage Lenny! I love Camo pets that are based on real animals and this is very well done indeed.

That combined with the amazing plague doctor outfit leaves me wanting to replace one of my Aishas with one...
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Camoflauge: As has been mentioned before, this is definitely based on some sort of quail http://birdsbybaranoff.com/images/_0SB4 ... 0quail.jpg. Pets based off of real-life colors usually turn out good, and this is no exception. The colors are very pleasing to the eye, and yet would still keep it camouflaged, especially in tall grasses. There are all kinds of nice details here – from the speckling on the chest and wings, the “mask” over the face, the shading on the tail feathers, and the white band around the neck. I see no problems with this at all.

Tl;dr – A beautiful pet with eye-pleasing colors and patterns.

Snow: This is just… okay. The branches for the tail feathers are a good idea, but there’s not much else going for this. I feel like something else could have been done – maybe branches could have been used for the legs, or pine tree branches for the head feathers. As is, it’s not awful – there is some decent texturing to the shading, after all. It’s just… okay.

Tl;dr – More probably could have been done with this, but as is, it could be worse.

Also, a special shout out to whoever designed the plague doctor Lenny outfit. That was inspired.~
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Jessi wrote:That plague doctor outfit is unbelievably awesome.
For the first time in my Neopian life I feel like having a Lenny.