Agueena and Sketch Chias

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
kookybloo

Agueena and Sketch Chias

Post by kookybloo »

ImageImage

Agueena is a great new Chia Pop color. I'm guessing it'll be popular with female Chias since the stems look like long hair.

Sketch is ecch. No extraneous lineart whatsoever. It looks more like a particularly uncreative Snow. I wish we'd instead gotten the long-unreleased Juppieswirl Chia. They'd have to tweak it for customization now, but that wouldn't be too hard and it'd still be worlds better than this.

EDIT: Outfits!

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK..."
"...and I thought you were so rugged!" *runs off*
Hummingbird

Re: Agueena and Sketch Chias

Post by Hummingbird »

Aqueena is gorgeous. The colour scheme is really nice and the stem/hair is just too cute! Sketch, on the other hand, just looks like one of those sugar coated lupe treats. Rather sweet in my opinion, but you can tell TNT's artists were looking forward to designing the Aqueena more than this. No sketchy elements!
Madge

Post by Madge »

Man, I thought they were releasing a new paint brush colour and was like "WTF IS AQUEENA? I HAVE NO IDEA", and rushed over here, and then I find out that it's a chia pop colour. Oooooh. that makes SENSE.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Madge wrote:Man, I thought they were releasing a new paint brush colour and was like "WTF IS AQUEENA? I HAVE NO IDEA", and rushed over here, and then I find out that it's a chia pop colour. Oooooh. that makes SENSE.
I was a bit disappointed that this wasn't the case. The colours are SO beautiful. I kind of want one?! :shock:
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Aqueena rather scares me actually, I think it's the hair!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Oversized jelly bean with a banana skin on its head. Looks like something out of a cheese-induced nightmare.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Pulse

Post by Pulse »

Kantark, your comment legitimately made me laugh! What a great yet frightening comparison.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Post by RNA »

That Agueena Chia looks pregnant.
ImageImage
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Agueena: LIke some people, I thought this was Maraquan at first - but that would be because I never knew an Agueena fruit existed on the site before.

This looks identical to the fruit that it’s supposed to be http://images.neopets.com/items/tro_agueena.gif, as if they just slapped a Chia face on it. (They did redraw it however, mind you.) The design is good - the colors are eye-pleasing and the vines fall around the face nicely. Due to the long nature of said vines it gives the color a slightly feminine look by default, but that can’t be helped. The shading is better than that on a regular Chia, though one thing that does bother me is that the spot towards the back is the same color as the others, despite being in a shaded area. Still, it’s a minor complaint.

Tl;dr - A very nice new color for the Chias.

Sketch: Wow. I didn’t think sketch could be badly done, but this is. Where are the sketch lines? Granted, a Chia doesn’t have much in the way of body shapes, but there should at least be some crosshairs on the face or something! (For those who don’t draw much, crosshairs are what you use to make sure the face is centered correctly.) The only sketch line I see is on the left (its right) foot. It just looks like a white or snow Chia, and that shouldn’t be the case.

Tl;dr - You didn’t even try.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I like Agueena Chia, mostly for the choice of colors.