Swamp Gas & Camouflage Tonu

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kantark

Swamp Gas & Camouflage Tonu

Post by Kantark »

ImageImage

Swamp Gas follows the template well, it's possibly a little over-busy with stink lines over the body of the pet, but the cloud around the edges is nicely detailed.

Camouflage is much more basic in comparison, interesting choice of colours - a bit too bold for my liking but it's not awful by any stretch.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Darigan

Re: Swamp Gas & Camouflage Tonu

Post by Darigan »

I can't imagine a surface where the Camo Tonu would blend.
nomigid15

Post by nomigid15 »

Darigan wrote:I can't imagine a surface where the Camo Tonu would blend.
A pile of leaves in Fall ? :P
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

It could definitely hide in a volcano! :D Actually, it kinda reminds me of the volcano level in Pokemon Snap. It would fit right in.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

nomigid15 wrote:
Darigan wrote:I can't imagine a surface where the Camo Tonu would blend.
A pile of leaves in Fall ? :P
Just like this dog, apparently:

Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Swamp Gas: All swamp gas pets look pretty similar, and this is no exception. Nice texturing, the lineart’s well done, the shading’s pretty, ect. The only thing I can really say is that there’s a bit too many lines for the scent coming off of it. Basically, if you like the swamp gas color you’ll like this, but if you don’t this won’t do anything to change your mind.

Tl;dr - Looks nice for a swamp gas pet. About what we’ve come to expect from the color.

Camouflage: I’ve never cared for camo pets with large markings, and this is no exception. I feel like more could have been done with this - maybe speckle the mane or the horn? The green eye color probably wasn’t the best choice, and I can’t really think of a surface this would blend in with - but then again, that’s not always a factor with camo pets. It’s fine, but nothing spectacular.

Tl;dr - More probably could have been done with this, but it’s decent for what it is.