Woodland and Dimensional Myncis

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Fury

Woodland and Dimensional Myncis

Post by Fury »

These were announced yesterday and I noticed nobody has posted them yet so:

ImageImage

Woodland is really rather pretty, I love the green hue they've used for the wood and the little flowers are a lovely touch.

Dimensional isn't really my thing so I don't have much to say about it. I just see it as a very bright colourfill!
grizzegrijn

Re: Woodland and Dimensional Myncis

Post by grizzegrijn »

Woodland is nice indeed, I'm not a mynci fan but if I had one I'd paint is Woodland.

Dimensional is so-so, my least favorite specie so far.
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

I like the colour used on Dimensional...

Woodland on the other hand looks a bit too messy. The tail looks ok but all the stuff on it's head just looks a bit thrown on.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Post by RNA »

Woodland is nice! I like that they included the flowers because Myncis are from the jungle.
Dimensional is rather plain...
ImageImage
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Dimensional looks like a standard Mynci that's had its colours inverted, much like the pretty but otherwise useless 'Negative Colours' icon on my phone. It's rather plain compared ot the others we've had.

Woodland, I concur with many of you - it's very prettily designed, the colours work really well together, good level of detail.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

I hate to admit it due to my immense hatred for this species, but I actually like Woodland. I mean, it's not a colour I would save up to paint with, but there's no denying they did a good job on this. The leaf shape and choice of colour just appeal to me...

Dimensional is one of those colours that TNT needn't have released.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Interesting, I really don't like woodland. I don't like the shades of green used, and coupled with the flowers I thought this was an awkward Christmas pet. The jungle theme makes some sense, but has no visual appeal to me.
EllaRedFox

Post by EllaRedFox »

Neither of these really appeal to me. Woodland is just mehh and Dimensional is a little bright on the eyes. Woodland's also missing the little Mynci belly button.

I guess I just hate Mynci.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Woodland: I do love it when the Woodland color matches the pet’s natural habitat. The colors on this are very nice, and I love the subtle green tones they used in the wood. The tropical flowers and vines are well-placed and the wood texturing is pretty. I love the eyes for some reason - they seem to have much more depth than the usual Mynci eyes. The only complaint I have is that the shading on the bottom of the stomach is really solid compared to the rest of it, but that’s nitpicking.

Tl;dr - A beautiful Woodland pet.

Dimensional: Wow, this is... painful to look at. I’m not sure if it’s just the color they chose, or if it’s because it doesn’t have much texturing to it, or if it’s because the white seems more pronounced than on some dimensional pets, but this is just unpleasant to look at.

Tl;dr - An eyesore, to say the least.