Stealthy and Sketch Scorchios

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
niklnip

Stealthy and Sketch Scorchios

Post by niklnip »

Image Image

Stealthy is decent. They could've done a little more, maybe. It's really fine the way it is. Nothing extraordinary, though it's a bit early to set a standard for this color.

Sketch is sketch. I appreciate the crosshatching and the light markings, though they're a bit too light in a couple places. Nice and subtle though. It's nice~...

Clothes:

Image Image

The knight looks pretty good, and they chose a good color to highlight it. The sword sticks out a bit though, but that's really just my preference.

The female clothes are... Eeeehhhh okay? I'm not too fond of wigs on pets. It's just weird. And on top of that, Scorchios look generally goofy anyways.

I think it was a decent day for them, as a whole.
ImageImage
MalionX

Re: Stealthy and Sketch Scorchios

Post by MalionX »

Will I catch Reshiram or Zekrom?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hahaha! I'm tired and that took me a second, but that definitely made me laugh.

Also, that is not a very stealthy eye.
Image Image
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I do like the dark green and grey on the Stealthy's clothing. The base colour is nice too. Not sure about the eyes though!

Sketch is exceptionally pretty - lots of construction lines and transparency that we've missed on a few of these pets recently.

Big ones:
ImageImage
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Gagarox

Post by Gagarox »

The Stealthy Scorchio is very nice, but as Angharad said, the eye is pretty unstealthy like. Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting a while. My mom couldn't pay for the internet and now I won't be making anymore posts. However, I will be replying to the posts from my NOOK tablet. If anyone missed me, I'm back.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Stealthy: I have to admit, I do rather like the base color scheme of this. The light tan works surprisingly well with the navy blue body and the dark-colored stripes on the wings. The clothing is also nice - I love the green designs around the horn in particular, and the shoulder pads are a nice touch. (The way the mask wraps around is also well done.) However, I feel like there should be some sort of clothing over the tail and wings, as they look rather bare compared to the rest of the body. Could be wrong on that, though.

As other people have mentioned, the eyes are the biggest problem with this - they look soulless when it’s unclothed, for goodness’ sakes! It needs to be narrowed, which would both keep it from looking so creepy and make the base look more threatening. (Contacts can help fix the soulless look, but only a little.)

Tl;dr - Rather nice, but the eyes are a problem.

Sketch: Now this is what a sketch pet should look like! Plenty of crosshairs, guidelines, shapes, and other sketchy goodness. (wow that sounded wrong) Plus, it’s nice to see this finally released, seeing as there’s been an unconverted image of this color on the server forever. This is as good as you can get with this color.

Tl; dr - The best you can get with a sketch pet.