Relic and Silver Chombies

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
niklnip

Relic and Silver Chombies

Post by niklnip »

Image Image

It's been a while since we've had a Relic pet, hasn't it? Anyways....
I really like it, actually. The cracks look good, and natural for the most part. The only thing that bothers me is that it still retains the glimmer in its eye, which is a little distracting for me. Also... Why don't they add moss onto some of these guys? Or something that would indicate weathering besides cracks. That would make the color even better in my eyes.

Silver is quite lovely too. The highlights seem to be in the right places for the most part. I like the way they're doing new Silver pets.... It's too bad they most likely won't update some of the older, flatter looking ones.

Also clothes:

Image Image

They've been doing a lot with armor lately, haven't they? I really like the look of this. The purple bits are subtle and the green barely stands out. Of course, these are kinda small to see any real detail.

The strawberry outfit is adorable.... Chombies look somewhat ridiculous with shoes and hair though.

The new plushies are cute too.
Image Image
ImageImage
Gagarox

Re: Relic and Silver Chombies

Post by Gagarox »

I quite like Chomby Day this year. Relic looks naturally cracked. The only way this would stand out if it had vines on the base, however, just as niklnip said, it has the glimmer in its eye. That's not natural for stone statues. Silver is very subtle. The highlights are in the right places and is quite shiny.

Armor is getting quite common around these pet days. The armor is quite nice on chombies. The Strawberry Shortcake costume is, eeehhh good? It's not bad compared to other girl clothing, I guess.
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

Silver looks so shiny.

It's more like a platinum chomby which is awesome!

Relic is good but man... the base of it should really have the same shading as the chomby itself.

Oh man. That armoured chomby. Awwwwwesome.
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

Relic is like an older version of the silver statue.

Gagarox

Post by Gagarox »

I got a chomby today. His name is Jelmar. If you want to check him out, go to my side account, tomos21
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Relic: Dat texturing

Okay, being serious now. The texturing is excellent - look at all the little cracks and the textures in the shading! The crack in the chest is well-placed and I love the slightly elevated markings - this really does look like an old, weathered statue. My only complaint is that the Chomby is so detailed that base is actually underwhelming and even a little out of place. (Also, the shiny eyes are a little odd, but all Relic pets have them, so I’ll give it a pass.)

Tl;dr - The best Relic pet so far, in my opinion. DO WANT

Silver: Like all silver pets have had recently, this has the soft gradient shading that really gives the pet depth and actually makes it look, well, silver. The highlights are all well placed and I particularly love the shine on the back plates and on the markings - that’s a very nice touch right there. There are all kinds of well placed highlights and shading and it is gorgeous.

Tl;dr - *MOAR GRABBY HANDS*
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'm impressed by both of these, Relic is suitably weathered and highly detailed, and Silver is a particularly good example of a much-improved colourfill.

The Boy clothes: The armouring is unusual but I like it a lot - the sleek angles on the head armour particularly, with the Chomby's eye just visible there. The Girl isn't my thing, but my first thought was that's nearly a Raspberry Beret :-P
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

girl chomby is having her head chewed on by a piranha plant.