Split and Robot Lutaris

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Daf

Split and Robot Lutaris

Post by Daf »

No big pictures yet :/
ImageImage
I like Split. Normal colorfill, but it's nice and I think it suits Lutaris really nice. Robot looks weird. The mouth is like... I don't know. Just weird.
Now all pets can be zapped Robot.

Also, clothes:

Image Image
so so
~
tagcat

Re: Split and Robot Lutaris

Post by tagcat »

Damn so no new robots to look forward too ;(

Robot is pretty cool if you ignore its head. Lutaris are such awkward creatures but it looks very robot-y. I wonder what it looks like unclothed.
Split is nice, they cut back on the saturation with this one and it has worked really well.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I wish split had more crossover. Like, the dark and the light parts of the fur swapped colors on each side. They seem like such obvious divisions to be ignored.

Robot is nifty, though not awe-inspiring. I look forward to seeing it nekked and all the circuitry though, that's always my favorite part. Also, these things are probably gonna be pretty rare, considering the rate people zap lutaris.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I was impressed they'd crossed over as much as they had (around the eyes) but swapping the patches on the tail would've made it more interesting for sure. It might've looked better if the tail was split where the line already is across the tail rather than longitudinally but that would've gone against the Split template a bit.

Robot - I like the contoured body panels, almost a Storm-trooper look, though it looks a bit of a hotch-potch with panels of various colours like it's been thrown together out of bits that were lying around the workshop or it's had damaged panels changed for ones that were 'close enough'. The mouth is rather odd, makes it look like it's got a bit of a cartoonish expression going on. Want to see it with the outer panels removed.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Daf

Post by Daf »

BIG images

Image Image
KayoSudou is split
~
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

split is ok... robot is ok.

But I really like that limited edition split robot.

(kidding obviously)
Daf

Post by Daf »

Wow, that is really really nice :o
I would love to see something like that, seriously
~
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

That's got some really unusual metallic colourings going on, a sort of polished copper effect in places. Unusual but it does kind of work! Robot Lutari, now available in a range of cosmetic finishes to complement your home.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Daf

Post by Daf »

Robot Lutari, now available in a range of cosmetic finishes to complement your home! Comes in EIGHT WHOPPING COLOURS!! Buy it NOW and get two for the price of one!!
~
MalionX

Post by MalionX »

Haha. Doesn't it make you wish for alternate robot casings?
kookybloo

Post by kookybloo »

I wish the Robot Lutari looked like the Haunted Shootery guy :( Here's hoping it will under the casings.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I'm not sure when I'll get time to critque these, but here, take this improved split version in the meanwhile:

Image is from christinaplaysneopets http://christinaplaysneopets.tumblr.com ... -the-split on Tumblr.
Daf

Post by Daf »

I think it divides too much the colors. One thing is split, like, split in two halves, and another is mixing colors randomly. That is too much split for my taste...
~
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

I found an image of the uncased Robot Lutari.

THAT FACE.
Fury

Post by Fury »

LOLLLL why does a robot have a pink tongue?

It looks so... awkward.