Maractite and Camouflage Cybunnies

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
niklnip

Maractite and Camouflage Cybunnies

Post by niklnip »

Image Image

The Camo Cybunny is absolutely beautiful. I'm almost tempted to get one myself. It would blend in well with what I would assume from this to be the tundra during the summer months. It's just lovely~~

Maractite on the other hand... Way too busy. The sheer amount of swirlies and curves and all that other stuff kinda makes it hard to see AS a Cybunny.

Also clothes:

Image Image
Why do they keep picking terrible color matches for the outfits? The orange looks terrible with the noble outfit >.< They're both okay on their own though, I guess.
ImageImage
MalionX

Re: Maractite and Camouflage Cybunnies

Post by MalionX »

Camo is great!

Maractite would be ok if not for the ruffle.

It's so glaringly different it makes the rest of it look busy by comparison.

I mean it is kind of busy but it wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't next to something so plain.
Daf

Post by Daf »

Camo is... different. It's not like other camouflage pets, not like the pets I'm used to, with colored spots. It's nice, but it looks... strange. I don't know.
Maractite is eye candy. Eye destroying candy. It's like five maractite pets and five water pets in one. I would have one, it's wonderful, but it's like WOW what the heck is this. Look carefully at the part where the ruffle begins, in the Cybunny's neck. Looks like a bad cutted, straight line. :/

Eye destroying candy, I say! Too much swirls and little marks, but it's nice. I say the water pets thing because of the ruffle; it really looks like water.
~
weirdguy

Post by weirdguy »

Camo cybunny probably corresponds to an RL rabbit of some sort, like some of the other unique pet colors.
Sheep

Post by Sheep »

Camo is beautiful, though I can't help but feel like those lighter splotches of color are distracting. Maractite is... whoa. Lots going on, like stated in the above post. u~U
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Large camo:

The subtle mottled effect is very pretty indeed and gives it a much more natural look than other Cybunnies. As weirdguy says it surely must be based on a real rabbit of some description... any ideas?

Maractite is unusual for this colour. The pattern seems extremely complex and almost a little fuzzy while the whole pet has lots of shininess to it. It looks very much like a polished Maractite statue rather than the more organic-looking Maractite pets we've seen before. All the shinies and patterns make the whole thing look very busy, even in the large pic, and the outlining is all over the shop - in some places barely existing (i.e. on the ruff and ears), in others very heavy (especially on the nose/mouth). As a whole it looks very peculiar indeed.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Daf

Post by Daf »

It looks like some kind of Lop bunny. The ears are completely different, they are the "lop" ears, but the colors are similar
This is the Mini Lop

Holland Lop

~
Bunnylicked

Post by Bunnylicked »

The Cybunny looks to me like it was based on a chestnut agouti rabbit - in other words, wild rabbit color. I'm not sure exactly what type of wild rabbit it might be based on. Here's a pic of a real agouti bunny (a cottontail):

Love both colors...I might have to get a camouflage Cybunny now. :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I definitely agree--looks like an agouti coat to me.
Image Image
Fury

Post by Fury »

Oh wow, what a pretty Camouflage Cybunny! I would happily own one, I think it's gorgeous. When I first glimpsed it in the news I though it was Woodland - there's something about the texture of the fur that makes it look like wood.

Maractite is rather impressive but far too busy.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

"Eye destroying candy" - it definitely fits the Maractite! The different parts look pretty, but all together, ouch, i think i sprained my retinas.

As for the Camouflage - yeah, i was thinking your everyday wild hare or rabbit, maybe a desert type cottontail. Nice! And i too thought "Woodland" initially, but though the color scheme fits that, this is appropriate for Camo.