Tyrannian Hissi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
niklnip

Tyrannian Hissi

Post by niklnip »

Happy Tyrannian Victory Day!

Gosh I love this thing. Painted Hakaym right away. The only real issue I have with this guy is that the spines on his head seem a little glued on, but otherwise... The color scheme is good. The belly scales look cool, and the color suits the pet. Good day for Hissis >u<
ImageImage
Bif

Re: Tyrannian Hissi

Post by Bif »

I LOVE THIS COLOUR! Now I just need a Hissi to paint. I have never liked any Tyrannian colours before but I LOVE a lot of the Tyrannian petpets. Now I have a pet, I just need to choose the petpet.

This is incredible!

ETA: I adopted Collinny and painted her Tyrannian. Now to save for a Tyrannian Pandaphant.

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Collinny
Daf

Post by Daf »

OMG. It's so nice. I want one now.
Nothing to complain about this one.
~
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Oh my Fyora, this is what a prehistoric-like snake should look like! I love the color scheme, the plate-like scales, the long fangs with some sub-fangs behind them... If I had to have a problem with it, it would be that the head spikes do look a little tacked on like niklnip said, and the one at the end of the tail suddenly seems to be going to far over. That's nitpicking, though.

Tl;dr -

Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

The spikes seem a little pastede on yey, but this is a really good, menacing sort of pet. Nice to have some non-cutesy options for things like battle pets!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I really don't know about this - the differing outline on the spikes and teeth make them look stuck on compared to the thick black outline of the main body of the pet. The scales have a drop-shadow effect on the left hand side making them look completely stuck on. It also doesn't help that they look reminiscent of a 1970's-style crazy-paving patio. So, it's ridiculous on several levels. But on the other hand I do think it kinda works - especially on the smaller pics where the little snags are not as noticeable.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fury

Post by Fury »

IT'S SO COOL.

I agree with everybody else regarding the spikes. I actually think if they had been just a bit smaller then this would have been near perfect.