8-Bit and Silver Kois

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Daf

8-Bit and Silver Kois

Post by Daf »

Image Image

I totally love 8-Bit. Really nice. I love the blue details and well, most 8-bit are the same basic color and clothes, but I love it. I would adopt one.
Silver looks like Relic without pedestal. It would be a lot greater if it would be more shinier, but it's too dark for a Silver.

Koi plushies!
Image Image

Koi art!
Image Image

Image Image

AND KOI CLOTHES!
They are reaaally awesome :O

yay for koissss!
~
niklnip

Re: 8-Bit and Silver Kois

Post by niklnip »

I agree with you on the 8-bit! uvu It's pretty nice! I like how the fin looks like a teardrop, and the colors go together pretty well~!

And I think Silver is great. They added a scaly little texture to it that's quite subtle. They were going for a somewhat more realistic color instead of the usual 'stick a shine here and a highlight there' that we usually see with Silver. They even added some brown detail on the fin and hand... fin... thing. I love it!

Also, what in the heck is going on with the girl clothes? Far far FAR too much on a fish. The sea captain is nice though.
ImageImage
Daf

Post by Daf »

Yeah, for the Silver they tried to go with a different thing, sorta like the Camo Cybunny. It's nice, but it isn't what I'd expect from a Silver. It's really different.
TNT is trying lots of new things.

btw did you see the Elderly Yurble clothes? :o I'm waiting to see the full pet, it sounds really interesting.
~
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

That silver koi is reaallllly nice! I mean, yeah, it's not shiny or anything, but it turned out amazing. It actually looks like more of a gunmetal finish, still silver but darker and less shiny. I love the little scales the added to it and how there's a bit of tan creeping in. This is an all-around wonderful color.

8bit is 8bit. I've never cared for the color, but it gets its job done, and it's not horrendous, so ok.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

8-bit must rate as one of the most authentic 8-bits we've seen. The Koi's design has been simplified effectively, it's a nice job.

Silver isn't silver at all in the way we'd normally expect, but I like it - that more natural colouring with lightly mottled body and the hint of scales keeps it interesting, unique, and more desirable than your average Silver colourfill.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Post by RNA »

The 8-bit would look better without clothes. Who's idea was it to give 8-bit pets clothes?

Silver is nice. I like the spots and the faint touches of red, as well as the scale texture :)

I wish that Koi had more substantial bodies, though. Then they'd be easier to dress up.
ImageImage
EofS

Post by EofS »

RNA wrote:The 8-bit would look better without clothes. Who's idea was it to give 8-bit pets clothes?
If you don't like it you can just take it off. But you can't put normal clothes on them, so if they didn't give them clothes then you'd have no customisation option at all. (Well, the usual trinkets and backgrounds of course.)

I love the silver, beautiful natural effect.

I think the 8-bit might be designed to somewhat suggest an old school Mario Cheep-Cheep. Or perhaps that's just me reading too much into it. But still, it's really nice - and a Kantarrrk says, one of the most authentic looking.