Acaras of sea & sky (Water/Eventide)

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kantark

Acaras of sea & sky (Water/Eventide)

Post by Kantark »

ImageImage

I think this could be the best texture/shading we've seen on a Water pet so far. The effect of sunlight rippling through on the antennae-things (just what the heck are they?) is great, as is the shading on the legs/feet. The little foamy bits on the cheeks are good too, and the green eyes just about work. Unfortunately rather spoiling all this excellence is the dark/thick outline on the top half of the pet, especially around the eyes (it's an Acara with Mascara).

Eventide is following the pattern, in my not-so-humble opinion; top half good, bottom half meh. I'd say it looks a little more stern than the average colourfill Acara for some reason (since they are all the same it must just be an illusion).

Why are Acaras' heads so big? Surely if they stopped running suddenly they'd tip over and faceplant themselves?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
grizzegrijn

Re: Acaras of sea & sky (Water/Eventide)

Post by grizzegrijn »

I love the water acara. I always wanted a water pet and I love the texture on this one, so I decided to get one right away haha.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Acaras of sea & sky (Water/Eventide)

Post by AngharadTy »

The water patterning really is among the very best in all the water pets. Those tentacle-head-things are lovely. The cresting wave tips are also very well-placed.
Image Image