Royal Rukis

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kantark

Royal Rukis

Post by Kantark »

ImageImage

Rukis are getting a lot of love from TNT all of a sudden - first two colours on Ruki Day (including the excellent Woodland) and now they get the Royal treatment for Discovery of Meridell Day. The Royalgirl gets an Indian-styled outfit complete with sari, and a lot of hair. Royalboy is a bit more 'Lawrence of Arabia'. And he has rings with what appear to be LEDs on them. That makes me happy.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Usul_Princess

Re: Royal Rukis

Post by Usul_Princess »

I think they're beautiful! They did an excellent job on the gradient shading for the Royal Girl's dress. I REALLY like the RB undershirt. It doesn't look regal so much as it does "well to do". Nicely done on both.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I really like both of these, especially the royalgirl, although I don't like that it has hair. Even so, the hair adds a design element that might make it feel off-kilter if it weren't there.
Image Image
gizzmo

Post by gizzmo »

You know, I'm not really a "bug" type neopet fan, but these past few colors they've released for the Ruki has me rethinking the way I do things. To me, these are so well made! It's a great change of pace.
I've been having this dream that we can fly,
So darling, close your eyes.
'Cause you're about to miss everything
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I particularly like the base colour of the Royalboy - that shade of blue isn't very common on Neopets and I think it looks really good. Are there any other pets which use that colour?
Reconnection

Post by Reconnection »

I just wanted to comment because the clothing hides such a beautiful detail on these.
I lovelovelove the gold they have on them! Moreso on the RB but the RG's colors are pretty cute (:

ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Ooh, that's a lovely touch! Thank you for posting those. The royalboy especially is quite tempting.
Image Image
gizzmo

Post by gizzmo »

@Reconnection

WOW....RG has GORGEOUS coloring!!! The clothes really DO hide her beauty. Wonderful!!
I've been having this dream that we can fly,
So darling, close your eyes.
'Cause you're about to miss everything