Forum host move!

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Madge

Re: Forum host move!

Post by Madge »

Well, this is embarrassing. Trying to go to the old URL at work, and it's blocked because it's a formerly parked URL.
Spoiler: open/close
Really not feeling comfortable asking IT to allow me to go on neocolours from work, so hopefully the old URL will still work for the foreseeable future? Or possibly there's some way to get .co.uk taken off that internet filter's list?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

We have no plans to get rid of the .me.uk URL since it's the one we've been using most recently (current plan is to make both usable). That said, it'd be nice if both URLs worked - who makes your filtering software?
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Well that was just in time too!

5 days after the move, I receive an email from the old hosts informing me of "slight increase in charges" of an additional 80%!

"Hi plscancelnowkthxbye"
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

So how long before we can stay logged in instead of having to log in with every visit? :-)
Madge

Post by Madge »

The small print in the bottom right refers to it as McAfee Web Gateway.

I'm not particularly concerned if I can use the old URL though because it really requires no further effort from me whatsoever!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Wings - if you go to neocolours.me.uk, it should work every time. If you go to neocolours.co.uk currently it won't (it's a problem with how phpbb handles cookie domains). We are going to fix this, likely by making .co.uk a redirect to .me.uk, but we're about to go on holiday :)

Ty: darkmatter cybill glitch now fixed. It was trying to connect to the old database :)
Madge

Post by Madge »

For some reason when I viewed the topic reply notification for your above post, I got this error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/turmyup.php on line 6: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'nclimited'@'server1.jellemaautomatisering.nl' (using password: YES)
Unable to select database

(URL I used: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12494&p=191223#p191223)

and no, refreshing didn't work :P
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Looks like the Turmaculus Indicator has broken in some way, and it's breaking all the Neopets-related forums. D'oh! EDIT: Aaaand it's fixed! Thankyou to whoever sorted that!

Very smooth work on the move though, I stayed logged in on .me.uk throughout and didn't notice any downtime at all.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I can't get into the subeta forums anymore:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/schrodinger.php on line 6: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'nclimited'@'server1.jellemaautomatisering.nl' (using password: YES)
Unable to select database

get this at the top of the screen!
EofS

Post by EofS »

I think that's the Subeta is up/down notification, probably broken for the same reason the Neopets fora are broken by the Turmaculus one.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

quite possibly, is that linked to the forums? Can anybody else get into the subeta forums?
EofS

Post by EofS »

It displays at the top of all Subeta fora, and the Turmaculus at the top of all Neopets.

Given that there have been no posts in either Neopets or Subeta since Friday morning, I guess it's probably broken for everyone.
Madge

Post by Madge »

The neopets fora work fine for me, for the record. I've made a post in the adoptions forum to prove my point :-)
EofS

Post by EofS »

I think they might have fixed it. I can get into the Neopets fora too. (Not Subeta though. They probably ran out of internet and are waiting for the next delivery.)
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Subeta forums are now fixed - sorry about that. Novaflash kindly fixed the Neopets forums for us, since we didn't have access to the forum files, but we didn't know the subeta ones were broken.