Camouflage and Maractite Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Camouflage and Maractite Ogrin

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

Camoflauge looks really nice, I like the colours they've chosen. And the soft blending of the colours. I'm guessing it's based on some form of antalope.
Maractite is a little odd, I think it's the hair and neck ruff. Because the outline is so light, they seem to blend into each other. But it's pretty spiffy.
Kantark

Re: Camouflage and Maractite Ogrin

Post by Kantark »

I wanted to get a better look at these, I hope you don't mind me posting the larger images:

I like this one a lot, although I initially thought it was the camouflage pet (the markings are more in line with Camo than Maractite). I like it, especially the hair and claws which look semi-transparent - an ice or glass effect which is unusual and sets the Ogrin's interpretation of Maractite apart from the others.

Camouflage is also unusual - granted it's not the first time they've moved away from the usual several-shades-of-coloured-blotches effect and instead given us a more naturalistic colouring (see the Krawk and Cybunny) but it's rare enough to be a surprise. And... its face looks like a marble cake.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark