Swamp Gas and Silver Kacheeks

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Gagarox

Swamp Gas and Silver Kacheeks

Post by Gagarox »

ImageImage

These colors are pretty meh this year, but that silver kacheek has some exceptional shine. The swamp gas is pretty good and swampy and I like how the belly is nice and bright. Now onto the clothes.

ImageImage

I love the female kacheek outfit. It's very beautiful and detailed and it has that Mother Nature feel to it. The male outfit is pretty nice and I like the beard and keys.
Color Wheel

Re: Swamp Gas and Silver Kacheeks

Post by Color Wheel »

Larger images:

ImageImage

Swamp Gas: About average for the color. The lines are almost non-existent on the left (it's right) foot though, making it a bit hard to tell where it starts/ends.

Silver: The highlight on the back of the Kacheek's head really bothers me. The light source would have be in front of it in order to produce those highlights/shading, so the shine should be on the front of the head, not the back, right? Other than that it's quite nice - certainly very silver-y.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Actually, that looks like reflected light from the tail! Like in these images. Granted, it should be softer than it is, but I won't complain. It's done well enough, I think.

Swamp gas looks fine as well, though it's not a color I pay much attention to.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

TCStarwind wrote:Actually, that looks like reflected light from the tail! Like in these images. Granted, it should be softer than it is, but I won't complain. It's done well enough, I think.
Ah, that makes sense! Really should be softer, but at least it doesn't seem misplaced now.