Pastel & Woodland Zafara

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Katy... :)

Pastel & Woodland Zafara

Post by Katy... :) »

Underwhelming...

Pastel

I don't get why they did the cream belly. The normal Zafara has a yellow belly, so I guess a pastel version would have cream, but none of the other pastel pets take that theme. The Pastel Yurble doesn't have a cream belly, when in his normal version he has a yellow one. Maybe I'm being nit-picky, but this one just feels boring compared to the color combinations of the rest, and the Pastel color so far is severely lacking in the consistency department.

Woodland

I don't get why it's so grey. I know there are some grey woodland pets, but they are much more grey. I can't help but feel like this Zafara is rotting... :/
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
Kantark

Re: Pastel & Woodland Zafara

Post by Kantark »

Larger version of Woodland:

I don't know, there's quite a lot going on here. I'd guess it is based on some kind of tree but I'm not sure which* - it's not consistently grey enough to be a silver birch. It's unusual and I do like it (e.g. the spines on the back as leaves), but the outlining on the right foot and ears is a bit indistinct.

* Having trawled through some Google images the closest I can find is sycamore - the bark's pretty close but the leaves are the wrong shape.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

It reminds me a little of a baobab (the tail, mostly) but the leaves look wrong.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Post by RNA »

The pastel Zafara looks like the old old purple Zafara, before the awful orange freckles.
The woodland is a little too splotchy. Dunno what's up with the lineart. The palette is pleasantly grey/brown/green.
ImageImage