Desert and Glowing Koi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Desert and Glowing Koi

Post by Nogitsune »

Image "I like just deserts, not just desserts."

Image "I've got a glowing personality!"
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Desert and Glowing Koi

Post by AngharadTy »

The gold fins are a great idea, but the execution is off somehow. It's not impressive, sadly.

But the glowing one is actually quite nice. It puts me in mind of cave fish or deep sea denizens. Neat.
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

The dessert one is pretty bad. The toga makes me think of a high school boy's pants hanging halfway down his arse. And there's no headdress? It really needs a headdress or SOMETHING there, the koi is 30% head and they're ignoring it.

I like the purple eyes though? Those are nice.
grizzegrijn

Post by grizzegrijn »

I'm like completely freaking out over Desert. Kois are my favourite species and I'm seriously considering trying to get a FFQ to get one. I LOVE THEM!
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

For reference's sake, here's a Brown Koi wearing the Desert clothes (which are actually split into two separate items):

And the unclothed Desert base:

Something about the base on this just bothers me. They had a good idea with the different colored fins, but the shade of gold they chose rather clashes with the brown (I have to wonder if it would look better if the front fins weren't gold, but brown like the body). It's not horrible or anything, it's just... decent. The clothes are rather nice, if not a little Greek-like.

Glowing is actually really nice, as far as Glowing goes - on this one, the lighter fins work to it's advantage.
grizzegrijn

Post by grizzegrijn »

Well, if you are going to crossdress anyway I am going to suggest orange ^^ Looks failrly nice with the desert clothes too! Or yellow even, to accentuate the roman/greek look.

Altador fish!