Maractite and Dimensional Kau

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Maractite and Dimensional Kau

Post by Nogitsune »

Image "Rescue the princess and save Maraqua!"
Image "Ask not for whom the bell tolls."
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Color Wheel

Re: Maractite and Dimensional Kau

Post by Color Wheel »

Maractite: I feel like this is a tad busy, though not as badly as some other Maractite pets. The markings in the ear and on the nose don't feel necessary, and the tufts of fur being a different color is a bit distracting. With that said, the rest of the markings look great, and I love the carved horns.

Dimensional: Not too eye-searing, which is good. I wish the pattern could be seen a bit better, though.

And while I'm not sure why they decided to add a bell, it's utterly adorable. (Utters. Cow puns? Get it? Oh, never mind.)
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Is it trying to be a Taco Bell sign? I don't get the bell either, unless the artist just forgot that kaus don't normally have been accessories. It'd be neat if it were removable clothing though, to use in other outfits.

The Maractite mustache is my least favorite, but the lower lip markings are nice. And I still want to yell at whoever decided Maractite markings should be gummy and 3D.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The only Kau that has a bell is Faerie..seems like the Magma one has one too. So it's likely a mistake and they put the faerie's bell on both those colours.
Image Image
ImageImage
Madge

Post by Madge »

I am now completely surprised to learn that Kaus don't all have bells. I was wondering what the reference was. But at least now I know?!
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

thelonetiel wrote:Is it trying to be a Taco Bell sign? I don't get the bell either, unless the artist just forgot that kaus don't normally have been accessories. It'd be neat if it were removable clothing though, to use in other outfits.
It is removable, actually! It's considered a paint brush clothing item.