Custard and Eventide Ixi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Custard and Eventide Ixi

Post by Nogitsune »

Image "What do you mean I look like Snot?!"

Image "The power of the music of the niiiiight."
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Madge

Re: Custard and Eventide Ixi

Post by Madge »

I gotta say I am not a fan of this recent rash of custard we've been getting. I've never really cared for ixi for that matter, though I'm glad they're not victims of the fist of doom.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Madge wrote:I gotta say I am not a fan of this recent rash of custard we've been getting. I've never really cared for ixi for that matter, though I'm glad they're not victims of the fist of doom.
I have to say I'm not looking forward to writing news blurbs on them if TNT is going to try and buff up the number of pets in that colour. There's really not a lot I can think to say about custard.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Custard: Pretty standard for the color - nice textures and not much else. I feel this looks a bit too furry, though. Custard already doesn't look too edible, and having the lineart clearly showing fur on the chest and legs doesn't help matters. The hooves are also a bit too shiny, which makes them look hard and solid instead of soft and mold-able.

Eventide: I really appreciate the artist taking the time to not make this a straight-across gradient. The stars on the head are really dull-looking however, and I feel that the head also could have used some red tints on it somewhere (the horns, maybe?). Maybe it's just me, but having it be all blue only draws attention to how huge Ixi heads are in comparison to their bodies. Still, it looks much nicer than a lot of Eventide pets, and you can tell the artist actually tried with this one.