Stealthy and Camouflage Korbat

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Stealthy and Camouflage Korbat

Post by Nogitsune »

Image "I use the knight skies for a disguise."
Image "Boy do I feel sheepish..."

And, in case you want to see them up close and personal:
ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Von

Re: Stealthy and Camouflage Korbat

Post by Von »

I'm not a fan of the Stealthy Korbat personally, it looks much too clunky for 'stealth' :/
The Camo Korbat though, I'm in love!! He's a little batty!! That makes me so happy :D Feel like I might have to get one...
Runic

Post by Runic »

Camouflage is excellent~ I assume it's based on the little brown bat? x3
I'm loving the fur-like texture, it's very nicely done.

Stealthy is usually a cool colour for me, but here, I don't know how the Korbat can even fly with all that heavy armor on.
Yes, I'm questioning universal laws of physics of a virtual pet site.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Stealthy: Not stealthy in the slightest, but really gorgeous. The colors work wonderfully together and the details and shading are great. Though yes, there's no way it would be able to fly with all of that on.

Camouflage: The coloring on the wings and inside of the ears is really well done. However, I'm not much a fan - I can't unsee it as wearing a light-colored costume or something. I think my problem is the lack of transition between lighter/darker colors. Also, while the fur texture's lovely, it's only on the lighter parts, which doesn't help me unsee it as a suit of some sort. Still, can't fault the artist for effort or creativity.

EDIT: Looking again at bat pictures, the fur only seems be on the textured parts shown, so this is actually accurate. My bad.