Stealthy and Camouflage Pteri

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Stealthy and Camouflage Pteri

Post by Nogitsune »

Image "I am darkness, I am the night..."
Image "I try my best to blend in."

For larger versions:
ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Stealthy and Camouflage Pteri

Post by AngharadTy »

Apparently a stealthy pteri must undergo a process similar to Altair's sacrifice in Assassin's Creed. Remove the beak. Poor birdy.
Image Image
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

AngharadTy wrote:Apparently a stealthy pteri must undergo a process similar to Altair's sacrifice in Assassin's Creed. Remove the beak. Poor birdy.
Strangely enough, it actually works out so the beak is not removed - it's simply just covered.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Stealthy: This certainly looks Stealthy enough, but what in the world is going on with that mask? Looks like it's half gnome.

Also strange is the red on the face, as the unclothed pet is actually a lovely shade of dark blue:

Camouflage: ... Artist, you do realize that the head and tail are a completely different color from the rest of the body, right? Right?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Nogitsune wrote:Strangely enough, it actually works out so the beak is not removed - it's simply just covered.
Mm, I dunno. To me, with the contouring of the fabric, the shading and all--definitely looks like its face is flattened.
Image Image
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

AngharadTy wrote:
Nogitsune wrote:Strangely enough, it actually works out so the beak is not removed - it's simply just covered.
Mm, I dunno. To me, with the contouring of the fabric, the shading and all--definitely looks like its face is flattened.
Well, here's how the outfit looks on Camouflage. I deliberately made it semi-transparent:

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Obviously the whole shape of it is covered, the linework--but it's a prominence that is being squashed down, given the lighting. That line of stitching on the mask that looks to mark the center of that accessory is far too vertical to fit over the beak sticking out, the material too flat against the face. Look how much farther to the right (the image's right) the tip of its beak sticks out when compared to the stitches.
Image Image
Runic

Post by Runic »

Is the Camouflage Pteri supposed to represent a bird in real life? Cause it's not doing a good job... D:
Stealthy, I got nothing to say. I wish the mask actually showed the contour of the beak underneath it.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Runic wrote:Is the Camouflage Pteri supposed to represent a bird in real life? Cause it's not doing a good job... D:
Stealthy, I got nothing to say. I wish the mask actually showed the contour of the beak underneath it.
I don't think it is representing a real bird of any sort. I agree, and AngharadTy, I think, agrees that the mask makes the face look flat rather than beaky.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Man, I wish the Camo pteri was a real bird. I love the realistic lennies, and there are so many great bird plumage patterns to use. I'm now super bummed the artist didn't go that route.

This camo pteri is... Bizarre. I guess the idea is a bright green jungle? I think someone forgot that pteri are native to Tyrannia. I think the colors are pretty garish, personally.