Wraith and Eventide Usul

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Wraith and Eventide Usul

Post by Nogitsune »

Image "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little warf too!"
Image "I love shimmering sunsets, don't you?"

And larger:
ImageImage
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Gagarox

Re: Wraith and Eventide Usul

Post by Gagarox »

That wraith usul has to be the best one by far. The eyes certainly make this one unique from all the other wraiths. Plus, it makes it look like the Shadow Usul, which is really a nice touch. Eventide looks really neat, although the lack of yellow puzzles me. Neverthless, these look very neat.

In another note, hey guys. Been awhile since I last posted here. Glad to come back for a bit.
:D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hi Gagarox!

I like this Wraith pet, though I like the normal stylization just as much. They really took a different approach with the Usul - more detail in that swirly ruff and the glowing yellow eyes that are so different from the rest of the pet. The mouth and nose are also more defined and less sinister than they usually do with Wraith.

Eventide is also a bit more detailed and more than just a gradient style. They seemed to take anatomical contours into consideration a little more than they usually do instead of just letting the color fall in a strictly visual horizontal plane.
Reconnection

Post by Reconnection »

That Wraith Usul looks amazing but it has a hook hand. And now I can't unsee that. Still cool though.
Eventide, not a fan. But I've never liked Eventides. I find them impossible to customize unless you hide everything except their face. And with this Usul, it just looks sunburned to me.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I echo what you guys have already said about the Wraith - it's different, and it's great! I definitely prefer this style to the flatter two-tone Wraiths we've had in the past.
Even the Eventide's above average - much starry area is good. Not sure I like the inconsistent outline colouring but it's one of the better ones for sure!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Wraith: Modeling this after the Shadow Usul was pretty smart! I love the detailing in the ruff and the yellow eyes. The expression is also excellent.

Eventide: It's obvious that the artist paid close attention to how the body curves here. Personally, I like the fact that there's very little yellow on it, but I can see why some people think it's sunburned. Lots of stars are always a good thing.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, I was thinking about that connection, but I couldn't remember exactly what. Thanks. :-)
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm so glad they modelled the Wraith Usul on the Shadow Usul - it's really nicely done! And I quite like the Eventide, too. I've always been a fan of desaturated blue with red.